Mazda5 HP increase

en3rgy

I bought a small diode from an Ebay seller. The instructions say to find the oxygen sensor (2 wires) and insert each end of the diode into the wiring harness and then tape it up to protect it (there are more details but this is the jist of it).

I'm looking under my hood (2007 Mazda5 GT) and don't see anything that has 2 wires attached to my cold air intake.

Does anyone know where this senor is located and how to get to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gauranteed scam, you cant buy anything for under 10 bucks thats gona give you that much HP!!!

you can file a claim with ebay wich will send you to paypal, after about 3months theyll send you an email saying you have to get proof, letterhead from professional saying its fake, and even then you probly wont get your money back, but if you paid so lil for it i wouldnt even worry about it just throw it away and dont try to install plz, there is no telling what it could do, probly nothing but ya never know.

Dont put in on. It will most likely do more hurt to the car then anything else.

Yeah, oh well it's no big deal. At least you didn't spend that much money on it.

Next time do some more research into what you buy lol.

ya, i know its really tempting tho, and dont feel bad its happend to alot of people, those guys that do this crap should have their balls cut off

Just for next time if your not sure on a product that seems to good to be true. Dont hesitate to ask fellow members or search first. About 4yrs ago I was about to buy one for my p5. Came on here before I was a member and researched. Found out they were crap, didn't waste my money. Power doesn't come cheap. Have to pay to play.

JOMO said:
Just for next time if your not sure on a product that seems to good to be true. Dont hesitate to ask fellow members or search first. About 4yrs ago I was about to buy one for my p5. Came on here before I was a member and researched. Found out they were crap, didn't waste my money. Power doesn't come cheap. Have to pay to play.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!
(iagree)

kobaq7 said:
Gauranteed scam, you cant buy anything for under 10 bucks thats gona give you that much HP!!!

instead you can buy one of those ricer type r stickers for 10 bucks..the sticker will add 2 more hp!

(ugh)

Hmmm, interesting replies. Have any of you actually installed one of these? From what I can tell the diode fools the on board computer into thinking it's -30 degrees Fahrenheit and that causes a different mixture of gas/air + timing to occur.

Additionally, from what I understand, car companies, in general, dont "tweak" the on board computers for best performance. It's not in their best interest to do so as what they want is for you to buy parts from them in the future, that's their mainstay.

Thanks for all of your comments. Please, keep them coming!
(outie)

Search the forums for "ebay chip"

its useless...you wasted your money, dont install it on your $20k car...

evilmonkeyMSP said:
Search the forums for "ebay chip"

its useless...you wasted your money, dont install it on your $20k car...

or supercharger. or supercharge thread which I made and evilmonkey 'tried' to flame me but lost big time.

en3rgy said:
Hmmm, interesting replies. Have any of you actually installed one of these? From what I can tell the diode fools the on board computer into thinking it's -30 degrees Fahrenheit and that causes a different mixture of gas/air + timing to occur.

Additionally, from what I understand, car companies, in general, dont "tweak" the on board computers for best performance. It's not in their best interest to do so as what they want is for you to buy parts from them in the future, that's their mainstay.

Thanks for all of your comments. Please, keep them coming!
(outie)

So you fooled the ECU into using more fuel then you have air for thus hurting gas milage and losing performance. Why is this a good idea again? Even if it was advancing the timing you'd have to run premium gas to prevent detonation (which would just retard the timing anyway) and on a stock head and exhaust you'd just lose any HP because you couldn't flow to the new timing pulses.

Waste of money, time, and energy.

Back