Dash-Kit Installed

antlind

:
2006 Mazda5 - GT
Ok...So I finally got around to installing the dash overlay kit on the Mazda5 this weekend. It was laying under the couch in the family room for the past year and I forgot about it until we did some spring cleaning.
This kit is basically an overlay that sits on top of the existing panels. The look is different, not great but different. It certainly makes the interior look darker and some may say sexier, but I'm not so sure. Lemme know what u think.
Regards,
Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP0613.JPG
    IMGP0613.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 457
  • IMGP0610.JPG
    IMGP0610.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMGP0611.JPG
    IMGP0611.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMGP0612.JPG
    IMGP0612.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMGP0615.JPG
    IMGP0615.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 294
Looks great, is it the carbon fiber look? Its looks like the one i have. It does make it a little different inside the mazda5, I'm glad someone has done this their mazda5,for a second i thought i was the only one with one install on their ride. Good to see this(cheers)

antlind said:
Ok...So I finally got around to installing the dash overlay kit on the Mazda5 this weekend. It was laying under the couch in the family room for the past year and I forgot about it until we did some spring cleaning.
This kit is basically an overlay that sits on top of the existing panels. The look is different, not great but different. It certainly makes the interior look darker and some may say sexier, but I'm not so sure. Lemme know what u think.
Regards,
Anthony

Nice job on the install! I would have to agree with you, it is different. Not my cup of tea personally, but I have installed one of these in a previous car and I know how much fun it can be.(stoned)

Hmmm. I'm not fond of the stock Mazda5 dash, but not decided what to do, besides nothing. Dash kits for the 5 are flat such (as yours, antlind), not molded, so you're left with visible OEM plastic flash. I suppose you could paint the sides of the plastic with primer, then black to minimize the effect. If a company makes fake CF that better matches the interior fabric, I suppose that might work for me.

A company out there makes "real" (= thickness like foil) aluminum dash kits for about $100, but I'm tempted just to buy some primer and spraying the offending parts to match the exterior sheet metal, or Rustoleum shiny black that I already have, waiting to be abused...

2cam16 said:
Not my cup of tea but good job !
IMO, it makes the dash layout look more "cluttered".
You're right....I probably won't do this again on any other car.....I bought it in the heat of the moment and so I had to use it. It's certainly not something I would recommend to anyone.
Anthony

Back