Has anybody removed their Sirius Antenna?

I am thinking of either replacing my Sirius antenna with a smaller one, or having the one that came with the car painted to match the car. Does anyone know what the factory attaches them with? It seems to be attached with an adhesive in addition to the magnet. I don't want to cause any damage removing it. Has anybody removed theirs?

Thanks!

they're dealer installed, not factory. probably doublesided 3M sticky tape. either way, mine doesn't work for whatever reason :(

Bluesultan said:
they're dealer installed, not factory. probably doublesided 3M sticky tape. either way, mine doesn't work for whatever reason :(
They are actually "Port" installed, but we're not here to split hairs.
When you say that your's doesn't work, do you mean that you get absolutely no reception? This may be a silly question, but have you activated the radio?

Need4$peed6 said:
They are actually "Port" installed, but we're not here to split hairs.
When you say that your's doesn't work, do you mean that you get absolutely no reception? This may be a silly question, but have you activated the radio?

see my thread:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123664440

yes i activated it and it works intermittently. the majority of the time it says LOADING or ACQUIRING. dealer says they can't get it to do it and see no problems. :(

my six month free subscription ends soon anyway and i'm certainly not going to pay for something that doesn't work. i'd like to remove mine and throw it away.

Mine works great 98% of the time, but I will occasionally get the "acquiring signal", message. If I were you, I would demand a new unit from the dealer, and if they wont replace it, I would try contacting Sirius for a warranty replacement.

Sirius is great, so I wish you good luck!

Back