New owner for a CX-9 GT

New owner of a CX-9 GT- Now with Pics

Hello All,

Well it was sorta a painful road, but I got my CX-9!

I talked to this guy via e-mail from Mazda of Lodi (in NJ). I was trying to get the CX-9 Touring but he said there wan't too many dealers that would have what I want in stock, but he said he can get it in a GT. I said that I didn't want to spend more money for a GT, but he said he would see what he can do to meet my price in a GT. I said I wanted a CX-9 w/ 6CD & Moonroof, Navi, Remote start, Dimming mirror w/Homelink, mudflaps. He said he had one with Roof Rack & Cargonet but without the Dimming mirror or Remote start, but he said he would install Dimming mirror & Remote at the same price without charging me extra for the roof rack.. So he gave me a price of 37,776. I said that sounds ok, but I have to see what he would give for my trade-in.
While I was e-mailing the guy from Lodi I went to wayne mazda since they are closer to me. Wayne was going to give it to me the car for 37,500-20000 for my trade-in for what I wanted (no roof rack), we had a deal, but when he was writing up the paperwork he was going to make me pay $300 for doc fees an force me to pay $189 for Window etching. this is when the deal with wayne mazda died.. I new that the doc fees were too high and no way i was going to pay for window etching that I didn't want or need.

The next day I called the Mazda of Lodi and told him I was going to see him sat. I walked in, and had to wait 10 min (he was with a customer). He said that the car I wanted was just sold, But he had more for me to look at, no prob. We went to the back and he had the same thing, instead of a roof rack he had one with a towing package. I said no problem.. We went back inside, and he said he would still give me the car for 37776. I said fine, but it depended what he would give me for the trade-in. He came back and offered me 20000 for my trade-in. I said would he sell me the car for 37500?.. He said yes.. He only charged me 189 for doc fees, and I didn't have to pay for the window etching (of course I had to pay tax + tire tax). the deal went smoothly and I was out of there quick!...A very pleasant experience!!...
frontyu7.jpg

leftfrontzo2.jpg

rightfrontmq2.jpg

backql8.jpg

leftbackik9.jpg

rightbackjb0.jpg

Last edited:
Whitesnake said:
Hello All,

I talked to this guy via e-mail from Mazda of Lodi (in NJ). I was trying to get the CX-9 Touring but he said there wan't too many dealers that would have what I want in stock, but he said he can get it in a GT. I said that I didn't want to spend more money for a GT, but he said he would see what he can do to meet my price in a GT. I said I wanted a CX-9 w/ 6CD & Moonroof, Navi, Remote start, Dimming mirror w/Homelink, mudflaps. He said he had one with Roof Rack & Cargonet but without the Dimming mirror or Remote start, but he said he would install Dimming mirror & Remote at the same price without charging me extra for the roof rack.. So he gave me a price of 37,776. I said that sounds ok, but I have to see what he would give for my trade-in.
While I was e-mailing the guy from Lodi I went to wayne mazda since they are closer to me. Wayne was going to give it to me the car for 37,500-20000 for my trade-in for what I wanted (no roof rack), we had a deal, but when he was writing up the paperwork he was going to make me pay $300 for doc fees an force me to pay $189 for Window etching. this is when the deal with wayne mazda died.. I new that the doc fees were too high and no way i was going to pay for window etching that I didn't want or need.

The next day I called the Mazda of Lodi and told him I was going to see him sat. I walked in, and had to wait 10 min (he was with a customer). He said that the car I wanted was just sold, But he had more for me to look at, no prob. We went to the back and he had the same thing, instead of a roof rack he had one with a towing package. I said no problem.. We went back inside, and he said he would still give me the car for 37776. I said fine, but it depended what he would give me for the trade-in. He came back and offered me 20000 for my trade-in. I said would he sell me the car for 37500?.. He said yes.. He only charged me 189 for doc fees, and I didn't have to pay for the window etching (of course I had to pay tax + tire tax). the deal went smoothly and I was out of there quick!... We a very pleasant experience!!...

CONGRATS. I have the CX7 and I like the interior and styling of the 9 plus the tech amenities it has like BlueTooth and iPod integration. I'll still keep my 7 since the 9 is way too much for me since I have no use for the 3rd row seat.

Post pics pls. Take care of the car. Welcome.

Nice photos Snake! Your neighbors probably think you hit the Lotto!! I'm glad you got a deal to work for you. You were so close on that other one. My favorite thing to do with a dealer is to make out a check for what I'm willing to pay (A reasonable offer, figuring in what I want for my trade and all) to the dealer omitting the signature. Let the salesman hold the check and even take it back to the sales manager. Be sure to carry a small towel to catch any drool. LOL! I've never had them give it back other than for me to sign it! (laugh)

That is the color I picked up as well. I was heart broken to find a small chip in the hood when I went to pick it up. They drove it about 130 miles on a dealer locate. I just had installed the 3m clearbra to prevent anymore marks on the bumper or hood/mirrors.

The mud flaps look very small. Do they appear to give any added coverage? Mine are due in this week and I was hoping to just install them myself. I think the dealer wanted around $70-$90 for install.

Awesome and Congrats on the CX-9! It's definitely not a small crossover but the design is really elegant and sporty...I dig it (2thumbs)!

How is the acceleration on the street and power delivery on the highway?

Welcome to the forum...

Do the rear seats actually function well on a daily basis? They look like they would be fun for a bit then quickly become tiresome.

I have less then 100 miles on the car, so I don't want to push it.. it seems to have good pick up... I used to have an 2004 Acura TL (270HP).

Antoine said:
Awesome and Congrats on the CX-9! It's definitely not a small crossover but the design is really elegant and sporty...I dig it (2thumbs)!

How is the acceleration on the street and power delivery on the highway?

LOL.. I've only had it for 3 days

Brian MP5T said:
Welcome to the forum...

Do the rear seats actually function well on a daily basis? They look like they would be fun for a bit then quickly become tiresome.

Whitesnake said:
LOL.. I've only had it for 3 days

So?

I break in every new vehicle I've owned like I stole it and they always run better then everyone elses.

Mazda3 said:
So?

I break in every new vehicle I've owned like I stole it and they always run better then everyone elses.

Yea, I break in motrocycles that way but cars have too many moving parts that have to "seat" in. The transmission being a very important item to let the gears properly mesh with each other. Just my persoanl opinion, of course.(thought)

what was your total price with tax?

Could you tell me what option you have and if it is the AWD verision?

Whitesnake said:
Hello All,

The next day I called the Mazda of Lodi and told him I was going to see him sat. I walked in, and had to wait 10 min (he was with a customer). He said that the car I wanted was just sold, But he had more for me to look at, no prob. We went to the back and he had the same thing, instead of a roof rack he had one with a towing package. I said no problem.. We went back inside, and he said he would still give me the car for 37776. I said fine, but it depended what he would give me for the trade-in. He came back and offered me 20000 for my trade-in. I said would he sell me the car for 37500?.. He said yes.. He only charged me 189 for doc fees, and I didn't have to pay for the window etching (of course I had to pay tax + tire tax). the deal went smoothly and I was out of there quick!...A very pleasant experience!!...
frontyu7.jpg

leftfrontzo2.jpg

rightfrontmq2.jpg

backql8.jpg

leftbackik9.jpg

rightbackjb0.jpg

Back