Placement of Premacy badge

da1nonly

:
Mazda 5 Sport
I know the badge is supposed to be placed on the rear end but did anyone try putting the badge on the side doors? Or 2 badges on both sides?

Just wondering what that would look like...

Could anyone post a pic of what that might look like?

sorry i dont know if that came out right... but i just want to know what a badge would look like on the side rather than the rear... not a badge on every door

da1nonly said:
sorry i dont know if that came out right... but i just want to know what a badge would look like on the side rather than the rear... not a badge on every door
Were you planning on putting this emblem on the front or rear door?
I think it may look ok on the front door about the rubber strip.
Again, it all depends on the color of your Mazda5 as well.
I placed my Premacy emblem on the rear hatch and have no regrets.
Anthony

Attachments

• Premacy.jpg
    Premacy.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Small badges look okay for example Im thinking in the front of my mind the Ford Mustang GTs have a GT on the front fenders and of course the Mazda3 has the 2.3 badge. But Premacy is obviously longer. I had the Sunfire badge on the sides of my Pontiac Sunfire, but then again, that car was teh gh3y! ;)

antlind said:
Were you planning on putting this emblem on the front or rear door?
I think it may look ok on the front door about the rubber strip.
Again, it all depends on the color of your Mazda5 as well.
I placed my Premacy emblem on the rear hatch and have no regrets.
Anthony

I don't have one yet... but before I decide to get one I was wondering if anyone tried it on the front or rear door... maybe someone could share some pictures... badge might be too long to go on the sides as someone mentioned... and i thought having the mazda 5 badge and the premacy badge on the rear might be overdoing it....

Here are some crude photoshops to get the idea. It's okay... can't figure out if I like it or hate it. Your car though ;)

Attachments

• sideBadge1.jpg
    sideBadge1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 197
  • sideBadge2.jpg
    sideBadge2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 166
  • sideBadge3.jpg
    sideBadge3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 179
  • sideBadge4.jpg
    sideBadge4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 184
jandree22 said:
Here are some crude photoshops to get the idea. It's okay... can't figure out if I like it or hate it. Your car though ;)

Thanks jandree22.... at least now i have an idea of what it looks like.... of the 4 you made... the first pic seems to be the best to me ... can't decide if i like or dislike it...

i didn't realize the badge was that big.... i'm guessing it wasn't really done to scale (the badge looks bigger than the door handles)... so the first pic would work for me if the badge is actually smaller that what you photoshopped...

is the height of the badge letters equal to the height of the door guard rails?

no there's no way I was able to make it exactly to scale, but I bet it's actually pretty close... maybe a tad on the big side, but not by much.

As far as the badge goes, I agree that the first one is probably best. I like the 3rd one too on the bottom of the rear door, but that location should be a decal rather than a badge.

I'm not feeling the badge on the side at all.

IMO, if you are dying for a Premacy badge, put it on the hatch in the factory location. And if you want to put a badge on the side get the "2.3" badge from the Mazda3 and put it in the same location as jandree's 'Premacy' chop #1

But, that's just my $0.02
You do what makes you happy.

Here's how I did mine...

I placed it in the same location as the J-spec 5's. And there's a gold Mazda Speed badge just underneath. I agree with the comment of "thou shalt not over badge". I think this looks tasteful though keeping the placement factory looking.

I love getting asked about what a Mazda Premacy is?

Attachments

• MY5Back(SM).jpg
    MY5Back(SM).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 175
joeboy said:
Here's how I did mine...

I placed it in the same location as the J-spec 5's. And there's a gold Mazda Speed badge just underneath. I agree with the comment of "thou shalt not over badge". I think this looks tasteful though keeping the placement factory looking.

I love getting asked about what a Mazda Premacy is?

Just wanted an idea of what it would look like...

keeping it on the hatch looks best... the pic looks like you removed the "5" from the original mazda5 badge... was it easy to do? any holes?

It was easy. I wedged fishing line behind it and pulled it along (I read that in another post). It didn't leave any holes. The sticky stuff was pretty hard to take off but I used an adhesive remover I found at the hardware store along with rubbing acohol to do the job.

If you're going to the extent of placing the Premacy badge to go J-spec, you might as well go all the way!

Back