Mazda OEM in-dash GPS Navigation

epharmacist

:
'07 Mazda5 GT on 9/20/06
I got the pop-up Mazda gps navi. There is one big hassle with it. You can't use it while you are driving. Does anybody know a way around this?

My Acura TL allows me to use it while moving.

Holler back if you have any ideas. I've searched the web with no luck. I found a couple of others with the same problem with Mazda Navs but no solution.(rei)

I know man, ut's a PITA.
It must be tied into the speed sensor or something because it will grant you access to some functions when you stop (like at a light) but once you start moving it locks it up again.

damn that sucks i assume it's not like my clarion single din screen where you can just ground the grounding wire...

Navigation

epharmacist said:
I got the pop-up Mazda gps navi. There is one big hassle with it. You can't use it while you are driving. Does anybody know a way around this?

My Acura TL allows me to use it while moving.

Holler back if you have any ideas. I've searched the web with no luck. I found a couple of others with the same problem with Mazda Navs but no solution.(rei)

Hello:
Like you I have a Acura Tl. I think we are spoiled by it, since I think acura has one of the nicest if not nicest working navi out there.
I havent purchased my 5 yet, but got to play around with one on a 5, and was hugely disappointed.
I suspect if I didnt have a tl, and its navi, I might not notice how poor most navis are compared to acura,s.
For this reason, I have chosen not to get a navi when I get my mazda 5.

Stay safe

The NAV in the 5 doesn't let you do anything while moving? Seriously? I've got the factory NAV in my 3s sedan and it is fully functional while driving or stopped.

It will let you do certain things and it continues with voice commands. I'm sure it's a liability thing.
If they didn't they'd surely get their asses sued off because some jackass ran a bus full of Jerry's Kids off a cliff because they were focused on the NAV trying to find the closest Taco Bell.

Liability for sho'

After checking around the web, it looks like the Toyota and Lexus Navi also doesn't allow you to use while moving.

It's a hassle, but having a Navi still rocks!(stash)

Back