Bug Deflector

kaptbc

Hi,
I am looking at purchasing a 2007 GT. I may get the bug deflector.
If you have it, is it worth it?
Does it really deflect bugs and rocks from hood and windshield?
Did you install yourself? If so, was it easy to do?

Welcome kaptbc! :D

Are you Canadian or American? Reason I ask is from my understanding, the factory bug deflector is only available to our neighbors to the North, not the US. Stupid? Yeah... but that's how it is.

I couldn't tell you how good it works, because I can't even get one :p I know Zoom5Zoom has one though, so I'm sure he can give you advise.

Zoom-Zoom!

Bug Defelctor

jandree22 said:
Welcome kaptbc! :D

Are you Canadian or American? Reason I ask is from my understanding, the factory bug deflector is only available to our neighbors to the North, not the US. Stupid? Yeah... but that's how it is.

I couldn't tell you how good it works, because I can't even get one :p I know Zoom5Zoom has one though, so I'm sure he can give you advise.

Zoom-Zoom!

Hi Jandree22,
Yes, I am Canadian. I guess Mazda figures our friends to the South do not have bugs??? Must be nice!!!!
Anyway, ours are frozen right now.

Zoom5Zoom said:
Works and looks just fine.... for more info you can Email me

Works minimal for bugs but on the nose of the 5 it is quite flat and with that in mind the deflector prevents leading edge dents and chips...

Here is a link to pics
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123629170&highlight=bug+deflector

Well worth the money.

PS congrats Jandree "daddy to be eh"

Zoom5Zoom,
The deflector looks really good on your 5.
Small investment for good protection.
Thanks for the info.

kaptbc said:
Zoom5Zoom,
The deflector looks really good on your 5.
Small investment for good protection.
Thanks for the info.
Merci

Which province you from and welcome btw

I'd honestly say to go without the bug deflector...I've found that after driving my 5 on regular roads and freeways here in California, most of the chips and scratches I got on the front end are in the middle of the hood...I hadly have (if any) chips right at the front end where the deflector would cover...

I got the front end mask and that's helped a lot...It's kept the bumpers clean and stopped a lot of th rock and debris chips I was getting towards the middle of the hood...Plus, it also blocks the area the deflector does so thats a bonus :)

Best Of Luck!!!

DAN

7red7 said:
I got the front end mask and that's helped a lot...It's kept the bumpers clean and stopped a lot of th rock and debris chips I was getting towards the middle of the hood...Plus, it also blocks the area the deflector does so thats a bonus :)
DAN

Glad to see this post, Dan, 'cause I'm seriously thinking about getting the mask too. I've never paid any attention to these things on cars before, so my basic question is: Is it real fast and easy for a mechanical nincompoop such as myself to attach it and take it off? These Mazdas have such low front ends (the salesman early on warned me about getting too close to the bumpers in parking lot spaces!), that I already find myself thinking about protecting all that front-end paint that the Mazda mask would cover. And you and I travel similar road terrain here in Calif. Much as I never imagined I'd put one of these on a car of mine, I think it would will look extra sharp on the Cardinal Red....

Looking forward to a reply (from any of you, actually); and then utilizing one of the sources mentioned in this forum where I can get this and the seat covers I'm also seriously thinking about, at prices better than my local dealer's MSRP. Thanks for those links too, folks!
Cheers

Being from BC as well, I'd get one if I had it all to do over... got a bunch of chips on the nose of my 5.

I would recommend getting a clear bra over the bug deflector or a front end mask to show the cleaniness of your vehicle. Not sure what the bug deflector costs, but it sure is more noticeable than a clear bra on the front end.

I can get you a pre-cut kit for the hood/fedners and mirrors for $99 right now. It is made from 3M ScotchGard film with clear coated surface that is washable and waxable.

Back