Remember the different colored tail light talk from the summer???

maramarrie

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring
Yeah...had a nasty brick mail box jump out and bite my 5's rear a few weeks ago. A stupid blind spot and I end up with a $1600 estimate, don't get me started (thank goodness, at least, for deductibles). So the passenger side tail light gets cracked and has to be replaced. And, yes, now I have TWO DIFFERENT COLORED TAIL LIGHTS!!! So there was something to it after all. Anyone figure out what Mazda had to say about it?

The shop that did the work is going to look into getting the "lighter" chrome light in for me to replace it, but I'm convinced that they can't and that all Mazda is producing these days might be the darker ones. Which will be fine if I can then convince my insurance that the lights don't match and we have to order the driver's side light now.

So anyhow, just thought I'd tell you all that I found it amusing that the very thing that was talked about (if someone had an accident and only had to replace one....) happened to me. My husband thought it was hilarious that the lights are "accidentally" different. And I even remembered the thread before the work was done wondering if that could happen to my car. Haha. Oh well. I'll get it straight. I'm not paying an extra claim (or even out of pocket) for a driver's side tail light. But I'm not driving a car with mis-matched lights forever either!

The link to that tail light thread is here:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123638537

I can see it now:

Barrett-Jackson Auction 2042

"I think that Mazda5 is going to bring a pretty penny."

"Yeah, but it does not have original tail lights, so that is going to keep the bids in check. I can't see it bringing more than 2.5 million."

"You're right. The tail lights have been changed, making this a less than desirable example."

talked to the body shop today...the guy said he called Mazda (where he ordered the part from) and the guy pulled out the ones he had in stock and they were all the same color. The shop guy told him to compare them to the ones on the lot and they were ALL the same. He said that there was a different order for a touring package and once I told him that mine was a Touring, he said the Mazda guy was going to send him another light. Let's see if they are the same. If it doesn't work I'll have to see what State Farm can do for me. :( I hope I don't end up with a bad auction in 2042! lol.

Back