3M Clear bra worth it?

Elicious

:
'06 Mazdaspeed6
http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

Costs hundreds just for the film. Then installation, damn. Is it worth it though? This is probably a job that I'd want to pay someone else to do also. If I screw it up, it won't look good.

Anyone know of any good, cheap places to get it done in the Irvine, CA area? I will try to get it done before the car gets shipped to me in MN.

Thanks!

I personally think it's worth the investment. They are guarenteed for life also.

I can see where a bunch of stones have hit the clear bra....rather that than have my paint chipped for sure.

i too agree, definately worth the money. look at it this way, its much cheaper to buy 3m/Rockblocker and have it installed than it is to repaint a hood. i personally have Rockblocker and it definately works, i say go for it!

Without question, worth it.

I have it done to my car and I wouldnt buy another car without it in the future.

Elicious said:
http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

Costs hundreds just for the film. Then installation, damn. Is it worth it though? This is probably a job that I'd want to pay someone else to do also. If I screw it up, it won't look good.

Anyone know of any good, cheap places to get it done in the Irvine, CA area? I will try to get it done before the car gets shipped to me in MN.

Thanks!
We have heard that the 3m tints yellow over short time, is that accurate? We would like to get it on our new MSP6 GT but don't want it to fade to yellow.
Thanks,
MS6 in GA/SC
PS...anyone interested in a get together? Any mazdas?

The 3M stuff alone doesn't cost that much. They sell it on ebay for relatively cheap. Its when you have it professionally installed that its around 7-800 bucks. I've had it on my car for about 3 years now and there is no fading to yellow. I've never heard of that happening before.

Next car I buy, I'll do the install myself. It is worth having on for sure.

Yeah, definitely worth it. That's why I bought some 18'' x 84'' bulk last night for like $64.99 including shipping.:)
Is anyone who install this themselve have a pointer on how to install this? co'z I'm planning on putting it myself.

their directions are pretty thurough. I got the instructions from ebay from the guys that sell it on there. You need a bunch of tools to do the job right, they list them. And add a few razor blades to that and good luck because I bet it's a b**** especially with cutting it as well.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got someone to install it for me for $500. Full coverage, hood, fender, bumper, mirrors. It's also backed by a nationwide 5year warranty because I'm getting it done by a licensed XPEL dealer. Great deal if you ask me.

definitely worth it, my RX-8's front bumper looks like it's been sandblasted already, paint chips galore (sad2)

I'm getting mine done next saturday. $725.00 for 3m's. 5 year warranty. I can save about $60 if I do the 18" hood protection instead of the 22". (yupnope) What's your guys thoughts? My car is in the shop, someone hit the door with a shopping cart in the middle of no where (ughdance) , so I cannot look at the car to see what it would look like. Opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Elicious said:
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got someone to install it for me for $500. Full coverage, hood, fender, bumper, mirrors. It's also backed by a nationwide 5year warranty because I'm getting it done by a licensed XPEL dealer. Great deal if you ask me.
What is the name and location of the place you went with?

Thanks!

In our opinion it is a must have and well worth money. Dont trust what you see on Ebay either. We get way to customers that have been suckered into the too good to be true deal.

someone asked about the 3m yellowing. The honest is the chances are unlucky if you take care of the product. This goes for all the films out there. Some require more maintenance than others. 3M being the less of the others. 3M has a nice clear coat finish on it so wash and wax like the rest of your car. It will stay looking nice, but it is also warranty for 5 years not to crack, fade and/or yellow so you are covered there!! Plus insurance companies cover it if you get into a wreck and need a new one install and it will increase your resale value as well.

I have permission to blow these kits out on Mazdas right now until Dec 31st. year end deal so if you want a great deal with a great kit let me know. I have 30-40% off prices on the clear bras right now

I definately think its worth it, my dad got it put on his car and it has saved the front of it from several rock chips. Now if I could only get it put on my car....

i personally dont like it because you can see the film. and i believe that you cant wax the whole car and expect the part that filmed to be glossy like the rest of the car

GhostMercury said:
i personally dont like it because you can see the film. and i believe that you cant wax the whole car and expect the part that filmed to be glossy like the rest of the car

From five feet away you are hard pressed to see it. Most people cant even see mine on the car at shows. As for wax, wax the whole car AND the product. It has a clear coat as well. The part that is protected will be deeper and richer with color since there is two layers of clear there.

Back