Factory Siruis receiver location?

When you find out, post it. I'm jonesing for my satellite radio and am not about to use my blue lighted Starmate that I had in my old car...

Well I bought the sirius receiver and the mazda install guide says to put it in the trunk. You have to take out all of the carpentry pieces and if you are standing at the back it will be on the right hand side between the fender and another column. I hope that helps.

Is there any way to hide the sirius antenna?
Maybe some aftermarket that allows you to replace whip with something that works for both radio and the Sirius?
I'd rather have a single antenna rather than two on the roof.
Or else something like the GPS, where it's under the dash (though I don't know how it would affect the Sirius connection. I'm guessing it would be bad).

duh FooL said:
Maybe some aftermarket that allows you to replace whip with something that works for both radio and the Sirius?
Or else something like the GPS, where it's under the dash (though I don't know how it would affect the Sirius connection. I'm guessing it would be bad).

I have a Starmate Replay that I just put in the navigation compartment (don't have navigation). The power cord goes to the cigarette lighter - looks like crap but is temporary. Anyway, the sirius antenna is IN the compartment and I get excellent reception even with the lid closed. THere is zero line of sight yet the radio works perfectly. I keep the compartment closed at all times so the only thing visible is that damn cigarette lighter power cord. You can easily get away with fastening your antenna on the rear dash inside the car also. I used this setup on my previous car with no problems.

If i do end up getting this... i will post up a how-to... still deciding weather to get this or ipod since i cant use both...

duh FooL said:

Well I bought the sharkfin antenna and installed that with my sirius antenna underneath and they both work really good as far as reception is concerned. Theres a how to on this forum as well as the 6 forums.

I did the OEM Sirius as well. Installed the antenna under the sharkfin. The Sirius unit is attached to the bottom of the nav dvd unit in the trunk.

They are normally installed in the trunk behind the right panel, or where the car jack is.

Works great!

Back