Dash screen display.. customize?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
This my be BS but my buddy told me that his Mazda dealershiop told him that he can customize the screen on the dash to say wtvr he wants. He said that his sales person told him he had "zoom- zoom" when he started the car...

is this possible, and if so, how can i do it?

I know my friend did this with his 6s however this was after he replaced the HU and the screen had no functionality for the radio. The dashkit he bought came with a controller to change the screen to whatever he wanted. Im not sure about changing it with the stock setup

Does anyone have Satellite?
I want to be able to make the artist and song title scroll instead of just reading the first 15 letters...
Anyone know how?? I did not look in the manual yet, if it is in there, ignore me.

Alfredo said:
Does anyone have Satellite?
I want to be able to make the artist and song title scroll instead of just reading the first 15 letters...
Anyone know how?? I did not look in the manual yet, if it is in there, ignore me.

do u mean on the radio? cuz wen i listen to CD's i dont see the name of the track?

snooky said:
do u mean on the radio? cuz wen i listen to CD's i dont see the name of the track?
beleve he's refering to satalite radio.

When you start up the car, if you have the Bose System.....the display says "Bose Stereo" Or something like that.
On another forum board, someone was saying that this could be changed, also.....And I wanna know how!

---Aloha

Only way I knew was the aftermarket head units.

Bigbaddad said:
When you start up the car, if you have the Bose System.....the display says "Bose Stereo" Or something like that.
On another forum board, someone was saying that this could be changed, also.....And I wanna know how!

---Aloha

thats exactly what i was refering to, i gotta know how to do it too!

a lil off topic Q, i know i can find the answer from the "search"... but i was wondering, does turning the "DSC" switch off really do n e thing?, and just to be clear its turning off the traction right?

thanks

snooky said:
a lil off topic Q, i know i can find the answer from the "search"... but i was wondering, does turning the "DSC" switch off really do n e thing?, and just to be clear its turning off the traction right?

thanks

no Traction control and DSC are 2 separate things.

Traction control you can never really turn ALL the way off.

DSC is Dynamic Stability Control, and yes turning it off does do something. It will actually stop the ECU from dropping power @ individual wheels.

Sean

B1GHAM said:
no Traction control and DSC are 2 separate things.

Traction control you can never really turn ALL the way off.

DSC is Dynamic Stability Control, and yes turning it off does do something. It will actually stop the ECU from dropping power @ individual wheels.

Sean

soo ur telling me by switching the "dsc" off, I have more chance of having constant power?

thanks sean

Back