Tailpipe smoke

DaPortugee

:
06 Mazdaspeed6
Hello all. I have had my ms6 since January and have 21000 miles on it. A few times in the last couple months it has smoked out the tailpipe but recently it has gotten MUCH worse. Has anyone had any issues like that? Mine is at the dealer now and they had a 3 with a 2.3 in for an engine change for a similar issue. Any info would be cool for when they get back to me.

i have the same problem, i'm taking my car next week, i read that another guy had the same problem and it was because of an a/c leak or something to do with the a/c. keep us posted on what happens.

The dealer came back today and said it was the turbo seals. No big surprise but check this out. They wont have a turbo till at least Nov 5th! And the manifold doesnt even have a date for when it'll be in!!! I'm stuck in a 6i for god only knows how long!

Umm... How do you know about the smoke? Did someone tell you? Was it enough to see out the rear view mirror? Or do you get out and check your tail pipe often? I've never seen funny smoke commin outta my speed6... then again I don't drive behind it ever... or get out and check the tailpipe after having driven for a while....

So... how / when do you see the smoke?

if the seals went out its noticable when you start it up and look at it or if you got goin hard makin the turbo spool real good and stoping you can see it.

My phsycic abilities were key in realizing the smoke was there.

Really though we arent talking about a little puff. I'm talking a decent size cloud that lingers down the street. i have also had others tell me they saw it as I was pulling away from them.

There are small puffs at startup but the real stuff happens after a couple minutes of driving or idling. as soon as its warm and lasts until you get on it a bit. If you drive easy it keeps om smokin.

i have a similiar problem, except mine only does it after i've been idling for about 10 minutes. then as soon as i start driving, it stops. should i be worried about this ???

I'd have it checked out. Thats similar to how mine started. It just kept gettin worse. Smoke after its warm cant be good.

you get it fixed? my guess is the seals. when it gets hot the oils thin at high temps so it would smoke more then cold. huh mine dont and i race the hell out of it

Got my car back yesterday. New turbo, manifold, warmup cat and O2. It took 3 weeks to get parts so far all of you that are having this issue i'd take it in as soon as you can. The dealer wouldnt let me keep the car while waiting for parts because I waited till it smoked a lot and they didnt want to have to put the other cat in it too. It would have been bad for sure if I kept driving it for another 3weeks or a month. Get it in early and you should be able to drive it till the parts conme in.

Smoke?

I have been noticing a lot of hesitation in acceleration, very jerky. Last night after dark, I took off sort of fast from a stand still and looked in my rearview and saw a huge clowd of smoke illuminated by the headlights of the car behind me. I thought it may be just from flooring it, but is this normal? It is the first time I have noticed it but I never really looked before.

well, this post has me totally paranoid now. Killer is, this time of year with it being cooler out, well, you always see something coming out of the pipes.

I am getting a tiny puff if I go wot once and a while. I am going to mention it when I go to the dealer next time for an oil change.

I am also getting a sound that sounds like knocking or pinging when going wot in 4th or 5th gear from a low rpm. The car kind of studders, then sounds like knocking or pinging then takes off like a bat out of hell.

it seems you can add me to the list. Turbo is being taken out to be "inspected" on Monday. They tested preasure and it was missing 2lbs :(

I can see where this is going again. A bunch of mechanics that don't know what a turbo is trying to fit all the pieces together once apart, and of course all the new parts on probably be on backorder.

I hope I am wrong :( I got bunch of good guys willing to do what they can on it, but I'm the "first one". I hate being the 1st one.

Back