Interior door scuffs

Kid Red

:
Mazda 5
Anyone know how to get rid of these? Both doors, have one to two streaks from feet below the speakers and I can't get them out. Also, like an idiot, I tried to Simple Green and softly scour the scuff which did nothing except to matte the area now. Now I have a blob of rough surface I guess because the texture is gone or the surface is slightly scoffed.

Any ideas? How to get rid of the shoe marks and to maybe fix my scouring pad buffs?

Kid Red said:
Anyone know how to get rid of these? Both doors, have one to two streaks from feet below the speakers and I can't get them out. Also, like an idiot, I tried to Simple Green and softly scour the scuff which did nothing except to matte the area now. Now I have a blob of rough surface I guess because the texture is gone or the surface is slightly scoffed.

Any ideas? How to get rid of the shoe marks and to maybe fix my scouring pad buffs?

Try "goo-gone"--that stuff works wonders at getting scuffs off. As far as fixing the surface, possibly try buffing the area after the shoe marks are off.

You can also try Trim Shine...I've scuffed my doors a few times as well as the dashboard and this stuff gets the white scuff marks out every time leaving a nice glossy finish thats dry to the touch :D http://www.trimshine.com/

Best Of Luck!!!

DAN

I'll have to get one of the products first, once I do I'll report back. I'm just happy to have possible solutions to try.

Use a heat gun. Be careful with the heat. Start out low, and keep it moving. The idea is to slightly melt the scratches back into the plastic.

I use the HondaLine Spray Polish. It works wonders on pretty much
anything for cleaning. As for the scour pads stuff, a heat gun may work but I'd be curious how that works out...

08C25-P011M_large.jpg

Last edited:
Back