Moonroof/Bose Audio Option

The Bose Moonroof option plays MP3's without the technology package as well.

BOSE MP3 option (moon roof)

Appearantly, the MP3 configuration of the BOSE 6 CD changer is a hit or miss option! I obviously missed(pissed). If you notice the top left coner of the radio (headunit) displays "6 CD Changer" or "6 CD Changer and MP3" if you are lucky. There does not show in writing anywhere on literature that this provided, so I really can go back to the dealer, unless some else can show this to me written differently?

I guess now it will be an even a longer wait for that "limited functionality" ipod connector for $210!

We need someone to do a Electro/Mechanical hack. I can get the mechanical portion done. It should be simple, press the "MEDIA" button and that activates the line in. It should only be two wires that need to plugged into where the "MAZDA iPod connector" plugs into?! Then use the great iPod functionality not some silly "limited" MAZDA functionality. Oh and of course use a FlexPED too. Installation pictures soon in my CX-7.

NOT having iPod connectivity has forced me to listen to more radio these past couple of weeks. God, I hate it more than ever. I just cannot listen to it anymore.

To reiterate what I've said numerous times here... I really, really, REALLY hope someone comes-up with a direct connect solution soon.

-scott

I loaded it up with 6CDs in the hopes that I could use it as a means of commute distraction... but over the years, I've grown *very* accustomed to randomly jumping through my music. The 6-Disc changer does not allow for that - and even if it did - the inordinate amount of time it takes to switch CDs would drive me bonkers.

I know - you're right... the world hasn't stopped turning and life does go-on... but I am a musician and use my iPod/iTunes to manage songs we're going to be performing for upcoming shows, etc.

It's VERY easy for me to mix & create playlists in iTunes for upcoming gigs and listen in the car - It's just not the same having to burn (waste) CD-R media each time I make a change... which is sometimes 2x a day... then remember to bring the disc to my car... eject one of the others, and find a place to store it until I go back home and still not be able to be flexible or have options.

I think I've grown too-used to how I live around my iPod... it really *has* changed (for the better) how I organize and listen-to my music... but has also influenced other aspects of my daily life.

I didn't drink-the-cool-aide, nor am I some "Apple™ lover"... I just truly have found the damn, little player to make my life so much easier.

So... worry not...!

It's funny you mentioned it, because I *did* burn another .MP3 CD for tonight's gig... again... not the *same*... but it is a workaround.

Peace...
- scott

mazda will be releasing an ipod docking accessory soon... no price or availability yet, but the part number is C236-69-CFZ

Very disapointed in the CD/MP3-CD player functionality.

I burned an .MP3 CD this weekend to give it a whirl. Not very pleased with the results:

- As others have pointed-out; You cannot advance to a different track on "Random". You need to basically disable then re-enable "Random" and it will grab a new song.

- It truly *is* random (not a good thing) because it FORGETS that it has already played a track and will continue to go back to it. This disc had about 70-80 songs on it, but out of the 20-30 times I used the "disable/reenable Random" trick... 6 or 7 times... it kept going to the SAME SONG. It seemed to favor one particular track... it happened to be #53 in the list of roughly 70+ tunes.

- Doesn't track well. I use high-quality media that I buy from a duplication company near me and I burn at either 2x or 4x... never at higher speeds. There were 3 or 4 instances where it seemed to jump back & forth between two adjacent songs... as if you were using an A/B switch for your audio source. It was kinda odd. It never lasted long, but happened a few times.

Again - I don't want to sound like I am bashing Mazda or whomever makes the head-unit... but I just feel that NONE of this technology and sense of usability is new. This stuff's been around a while and I feel like this unit is an early "beta" of new technology - when it really isn't.

For now... I guess I'll just keep using the radio - OH! By the way...

Why would I want to only scan preset stations from the steering wheel...? I want to be able to have it seek-out any station across the dial - but cannot find how to do it without manually notching-up one-tenth of a frequency at a time. Am I missing something?

Trust me, I'm no ludite... and I deal with user interfaces a LOT in my line of work... but this one is just killing me.

Oh well... I still love the car. :)

- Scott

TheMAN said:
mazda will be releasing an ipod docking accessory soon... no price or availability yet, but the part number is C236-69-CFZ

Any link to authenticate or validate this...? :) I'd love to do more research and find-out if this has the same limitation that excludes Nav/Audio owners from the current Mazda/Ford solution.

Thanks.

- Scott

Oh - to be clear... I *am* enjoying the car... I LOVE it. But you're right, I do really want/need a different audio solution. Truthfully, I don't even CARE if I see a display of the songs from the iPod... as long as I can hear it and jump ahead & back while in shuffle, I'd be happy.

<--- done bitching about it. I promise! ;)
(maybe) Heheh...

-scott

Yes - in Mazda's own Press Release about the connectivity kit, they have a disclaimer at the bottom that states vehicles with the Nav/Audio unit are not supported.

I don't have the link handy that was posted here - but it was fairly clear the the specific part they were announcing would not work - I do NOT know if that means they won't have a "different" solution for the Nav/Audio units. I am in-the-dark about that stuff. :)

-scott

I spoke to someone I know in MAZDA CORPORATE today and was told that they are in the middle of figuring out how to make the ipod adapter for the navigation...it will be out soon.

If there is *any* shred of truth to what you claim or what they claim... I am a happy man. Thanks for sharing.

Back