black interior/upholstery

tomkit

I have a light exterior body color and so I got a black interior. But I noticed since the first day I got it that hte upholstery gets white smurks on them really, really easily. While I'm driving all I do is touch my knee against the left, driver side door panel and there is a white streak on it. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah - you got that ugly dimpled plastic?

I have that same interior and mine gets dirty easily as well. Especially where my dirty wheelchair wheels rub against the rear passenger door. My chair is pretty hard on a vehicle so I thought the dark color would help hide some of the mess, but I guess I was wrong.

Nope. I think he's talking about the way that plastic paneling inside the door scuffs, and shows marks easier than anything I've seen lately.

G-Papi said:
Plastic paneling inside the door scuffs, and shows marks easier than anything I've seen lately.
Aerospace 303 protectant removes the white scuffs and makes the reappear less!!

Same problem with mine.
If the passenger touches the dash board, I end up with with smudge marks. Grr.

Try armor all....

Use a cleaner like armor all or if it's leather just use a leather cleaner/wipe.....should help. After a while it should not be an issue. I think I had that with my RX 8 at first but not at all anymore.

Use a cleaner like armor all or if it's leather just use a leather cleaner/wipe.....should help. After a while it should not be an issue. I think I had that with my RX 8 at first but not at all anymore

My dealer said to never use ArmorAll on any interior surface of the CX7. He said a damp towel will clean the dash and interior doors. I noticed white "spots" too and the damp towel does the trick. He also said to use Murphy's Oil Soap on the leather seats; nothing with alcohol in the ingredients.

Back