Question for dealers

protosaab

Here in New Jersey the going price for the 5 has gone down from almost msrp to about 200 over invoice. Is Mazda going to offer speciasl finance rates in the near future? Like one of you said in the last thread - I am not as concerned with saving $200 or so as I am with low interst rates. Thanks.

Hpw is the supply situation now in GTA area ? ...i am still looking for one and wonder if the backorder situation is now better..

Come down to Texas. Got my Carbon Grey touring manual for $17,629.

Matt

Boytoys

FYI if it isn't in stock the wait now is up to 3 months (selling planned production cars now). June eh.... I would get my name on a car now lol. Let us know when you get one.

The 5 Family is growing larger by the minute.......

boytoys said:
Hpw is the supply situation now in GTA area ? ...i am still looking for one and wonder if the backorder situation is now better..

Well I ordered mine Apr 29th and the dealer was able to trade another dealer for one. I'm getting it in 4 weeks. If they had to place an order They said I would be waiting until early Sept

was98strat said:
Well I ordered mine Apr 29th and the dealer was able to trade another dealer for one. I'm getting it in 4 weeks. If they had to place an order They said I would be waiting until early Sept

Ordered mine April 24th and they told me they had one that just came off the ship in Vancouver and I should get it in 3 weeks. Still waiting.

They called me on May 5th saying it was in, and then the next day called back that it was the wrong one (not the one assigned to me). What a tease.

JT

Funny you guys are talking about this. Let's say I'm glad I just emailed the local Mazda dealership... I was planning to buy in September, they just replied today and said that it works out perfect to order it now for September delivery! hah, so now the wife and I are in a sort of panic mode making sure we're 100% about going forward the 5 (over the Subaru Impreza 2.5i) and rearanging our finances to put some cash down and order it probably in the next week or two.

She also told me the model arriving in September would be an '07. I really don't care if it's an 06 or 07. 06 means I can still get my Carbon Grey Metallic, 07 means I have a later model year Platinum Metallic Silver MZ5. I'm hoping to get a good price, we'll see after I get back to her with more details in what I want.
----------------------

Also, kinda off the subject, but need an opinion. A few months ago(like Feb.) when I first test drove the Mazda5 at this dealership, I had a 20 something girl help me out and she just started working there. She had good intentions, but we specifically emphasized that we were not ready to buy yet and we were JUST looking.... well, she kept calling and nagging us about the damn car! We screened our calls and didn't answer for fear of getting hassled about it, she hasn't called back now in probably a month.

NOW, I've been in email contact with another sales rep from Faulkner Mazda(Harrisburg, PA), and we kinda wanna deal with her instead. Is that a really bad move on the original salesperson? She talked with us for about 10min and went on a 10min test drive loop with us. Maybe she won't even remember us, I hope?

I'm a salesperson and I'm definetly not the pressure type. I do call and follow up with people that I haven't sold, but surely not to the point that they're screening my calls. If you did talk to her after she spent time with you and told her that you weren't ready to take the plunge, but she persisted, then she made the mistake of pushing you too hard. If that's the case, then deal with the other person if you think they'll make you feel more comfortable. It's not a nice feeling to lose a customer, but if I did something to deserve it, then I can swallow it.

Well, I feel kinda bad because whenever I saw Faulkner Mazda on the caller ID I didn't answer, but yet, she never left any voice mail... which adds to my suspisions that she was trying to lure me back to the dealership or give me some kinda pitch, rather than just a follow up... (I HATE when people call and call and don't know how to just leave a message!)

It's like I said, from the start we said we weren't ready to buy, but reluctantly I gave her my contact info. No more than a week later we received the first of many calls (poke)

I'm probably the kinda customer you guys hate to deal with (pow)

I wouldnt say that you're the type that we hate deal with. I have had more then a few customers that I thought were wasting my time, but I stuck through it and even though I couldn't sell them on the spot, I got sale out of them 6 months later. But, I didn't bombard any of them with calls. I would call every couple weeks, because I spent time with them and I'm hoping it'll develop into a sale, but not one call I made was to pitch the car. It was more to find oblections to the cars I'm selling and educate them as to how I think it's a good car. Of course, we're supposed to try to sell you a car now. Many of the cars I've spot delivered were to customers that didn't think they wanted to buy right away. Often times customers use it a defensive mechanism because, understandably, the thought of spending $20,000 is scary as hell. From what I'm gathering, though, you just weren't ready. It was wrong of her to not leave a message. Even if she was trying to pitch the car again, she may have just been following up and wondering if there was anything else she could do to help with your decision. In the end, I think you should give her another shot. Do your research, drive it one more time and wrap it up when you're ready.

Well, it all worked out. I mentioned the abreviated situation to the new salesperson and well, she talked to the sales manager and the other salesperson herself. The two of them said "that's fine". I feel like a jerk to the original salesperson now, but I bet they'll split the commission off me or something.

Anyways, I'm stopping in next Friday to take place an order on a 5. (yay!!!1) She also is encouraging me to a look at a Carbon Gray Mica Touring 5spd that they just got in on dealer trade, although she wasn't sure what options it'll have. I doubt that'll be the ticket as like this whole situation, I'm not quite ready to settle yet(long story), and I want DVD and SIRIUS, but maybe it'll work out with that one somehow.

Should I still be able to get one for something around the Edmunds TMV or KBB.com "New Car Bluebook" price if I'm ordering a spankin new one from Japan.... ooooor, are they gonna try to ass rape me with MSRP or worse? This dealership is pretty good from what I hear, but wasn't sure if it's an unspoken rule that all cars that are ordered get MSRP slapped on them, end of story.

Whatever you end up doing, don't give them any money until you agree on price and sign a buyer's order. If they're getting the car from Japan, it shouldn't make a difference with what you pay since the destination is part of the sticker/invoice. If they dealer trade, expect to pay a little more since they have to buy a car from another dealer if they're trading a car that's of lesser price and they do have to pay someone to pick your car up.

I was thinking from the standpoint of getting a better deal off the lot as they want to move their inventory.

Also, do they REQUIRE a down payment to be made at the time of signing the order papers? I've read here and there for other Makes/Models that this is about $500 - $1,000 as a form of commitment. I was planning on putting more down closer to the time of delivery just before financing begins, but I can't go much over a thousand bucks at this point in time.

Either way, you're moving a car out of their inventory. Just not one that they've been paying floor plan on. So, I'm willing to bet they'll negotiate. As a salesperson, I don't mind giving _% over invoice (even though there's NO mark-up in these cars), but I HATE playing games. Make an offer that's reasonable and keep it simple. If you're ordering one now, then you'll be asked for some money now, but it doesn't have to be the full amount. Usually $1000 just to show that you really want the car and often times, it won't be refundable. That's why I'm saying that you should a agree on a price before you give them any money.

I hope it all goes smoothly. PM me or post here if you have any questions.

Alright, new development. First of all, the initial dealer pissed us off yet again... the *new* salesperson through email contact setup an appointment for last night(after changing the appointment from Friday as she said someone's now coming in for a Mz3 delivery then), we went all out of our way to rush all around after work, get my trade-in washed, eat fast food, and finally made it there.... and she had left for the day. When we found that out, we were of course pissed and didn't care and just wanted to work with ANYONE at that point... but they were somewhat unwelcoming and basically told us to call her and figure out a new time to come in. They copied their work schedules for me, and I saw that she's marked "Off" on Friday too! WTF?! I walked out, livid.

All that being said, we're taking that all as a sign of how business is run there and pretty sure we gave up with them and are moving to a new dealer. We stopped into Ladd Hanford Mazda last night after we left Faulkner and talked with a salesperson for a few minutes. We're going back to meet with the sales manager tonight, as he's the one who handles the ordering of new cars. Here's the question, they are saying they can order 2007 Mazda5's now, but don't have firm pricing on them yet. Would it be a dumb move to believe this and move forward putting $500 deposit down? It's a small, slow paced dealership, and I actually think I trust these guys... plus they said they'll give me KBB for my trade which is a big plus there. I guess the worst case scenario they'd charge me MSRP, but I kinda doubt they'd do that to me... some dealerships maybe, but a smaller slow paced one like this? I dunno. What do you take of this?

jandree22 said:
Alright, new development. First of all, the initial dealer pissed us off yet again... the *new* salesperson through email contact setup an appointment for last night(after changing the appointment from Friday as she said someone's now coming in for a Mz3 delivery then), we went all out of our way to rush all around after work, get my trade-in washed, eat fast food, and finally made it there.... and she had left for the day. When we found that out, we were of course pissed and didn't care and just wanted to work with ANYONE at that point... but they were somewhat unwelcoming and basically told us to call her and figure out a new time to come in. They copied their work schedules for me, and I saw that she's marked "Off" on Friday too! WTF?! I walked out, livid.

All that being said, we're taking that all as a sign of how business is run there and pretty sure we gave up with them and are moving to a new dealer. We stopped into Ladd Hanford Mazda last night after we left Faulkner and talked with a salesperson for a few minutes. We're going back to meet with the sales manager tonight, as he's the one who handles the ordering of new cars. Here's the question, they are saying they can order 2007 Mazda5's now, but don't have firm pricing on them yet. Would it be a dumb move to believe this and move forward putting $500 deposit down? It's a small, slow paced dealership, and I actually think I trust these guys... plus they said they'll give me KBB for my trade which is a big plus there. I guess the worst case scenario they'd charge me MSRP, but I kinda doubt they'd do that to me... some dealerships maybe, but a smaller slow paced one like this? I dunno. What do you take of this?

Wow, sounds like you're having a really bad experience with a first new car purchase. My 5 is also my first new car purchase, I'm now waiting for it to be shipped to me! Having said that, the purchase process was easier that I thought it would be. I did my research, emailed a bunch of dealers to determine who really wanted my business. and went with the best price/service. I probably spent 2 hours max doing all the bidding and signing of the contract.

Back