ipod choices...what to do

wade163

Okso please excuse my ignorance on this topic for I am newbie!!! I have a few questions so I will just do them all here. My first question is how to put an Ipod in my carits a 2004 Mazda 6. I have searched the site, and this is what I have found so faror 2 things that peaked my interest that I want to more about. One being, AUXMOD and the other being AUDIO LINK by RPM. Look at the AUXMOD, it seems like it would be the best, but looks like it is only available when the gas prices are under 1.50 (which is never). I am very impatientso that takes me to AUDIO LINK. The only problem with that is that I would have to do some circuit board workand I dont wanna do that. So if someone has some info on both or what to stay from, or what I should look for that would be great. I just want to play my Ipod. Any other suggestions would be great too.

Another question that I have is, I was just lookin at getting another dash kit, but I dont want to pay that much money (I am a grad student). And while I was surfing around, I saw that with the new dash kit, you can customize the LCD screens right above the vents where the time and temp thing is at. Is there anyway to do that with the stuff that I have nownothing!

Thanks

i ordered my auxmod last july or august and got it in only about 1 month. i was really suprised at how fast i got it. i'd recommend it.

I'm a fan of the auxmod as well. It is easy to install and the sound quality is superb.

seanmcsean said:
I'm a fan of the auxmod as well. It is easy to install and the sound quality is superb.

Any way we can get a link to this item?

Also, what dash kits is the original poster looking at? The only one I am aware of is the 99-7503 from metra that just gives the 1 din and circuit board for the a/c, heat, whatever. Are there other ones? I am curious because I am looking to buy a new 06 mazda 6s sport this week and adding an aftermarket stereo is one of my interests.

Thanks.

another idea

have you thought about getting the stock stuff that will play the ipod? its called PhatNoise Audio System for the mazda 6 its a bit expensive., but you can find it cheaper that the $779 price. It will plug yoru i-pod in teh stock stereo, play over 500 cd worth of songs, has a whole system where you can basiclaly put yoru comp in yoru car..try that out, go look under accessories on mazdausa.com its there.

Back