The CPE instake installed!

PerfectXtreme

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
EDITED: Included some bad... but best I can get at this time.. video / sound clips for some demos on the install... for those wondering.. or thinking about it themselves...

Driveby Video / Sound clip.

Another driveby video / sound clip

From inside with windows up.. and stereo off...

Last edited:
oh yeah, that's the sound of your turbo sucking some air, oh how nice it is. I'm pretty sure your ok. :)

Yeah i figured it was the turbo sound.. as I can only really hear it when the thing spools up... But its still loud as s***... like friggin crazy loud!!! Will take time to get used too...

And I live where it rains 24/7 currently... so i'll have to be super careful... Thank god the underside of the speed6 is pretty well covered and protected against splashing....

That's cool, try and shoot some video and get a drive by as well.
I'm still trying to find a CAI for the wifes 03 6s (used that is).

TheJohnny said:
That's cool, try and shoot some video and get a drive by as well.
I'm still trying to find a CAI for the wifes 03 6s (used that is).

Does it look anything like this one?

Attachments

• 12621456_l.jpg
    12621456_l.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 412
Chris-BE said:
Does it look anything like this one?

Naw... mine doesn't have that bright... flash or sun reflection on it... Now it might be the same but I have no sun... and lots of wind + rain here all the time...

How does yours sound? HUGE difference? Or just a slight new intake sound? Its really hard for me to describe the new sound i'm getting but its nothing like i've heard before... This being my first turbo car... that might be part of it...

PerfectXtreme said:
Car works fine... However... A few issues with install which i'm not sure how to fix or get around... The hose attachment on the "nipple" of the CPE intake causes the hose to be way up above the stock location.. making the TMIC cover very difficult to bolt down... and it is "flexing" the right side plastic cover thingy...

I played with it for some time and I see no way to connect the hose and leave enough room to install the TMIC cover w/o flexing the side pannel up...

ANYWAY... Second thing i'm not sure about... This is LOUD.. i'm talkin... windows up.. windows down... it is SOOO loud now... I'm not sure if something is wrong... or if I have a funny angle on one of the rubber mounts or something.... but when I take off... car sounds like a jet or something....

Its probably close to as loud as my VTA HKS Bov purge... I've never had a turbo vehicle... and all the stock air muffler junk was probably on this car for a reason...

But i've never heard another turbo car go by with anything close to as loud as this thing is... So i'm guessing I've done something wrong.. or maybe CP-e has a funny angle somehow...

I'll try to take some sound clips or video clips... and people can tell me if this is normal or not...

I got mine installd today, and it's also loud. I mean REALLY loud. It'll take some getting used too, but it's nice to see peoples faces when I pass them and they hear the jet engine in my fender.(shocked)

It didn't have any issues with the fitment though. I just rotated the tube a little bit and everthing fit fine.

PerfectXtreme said:
And I live where it rains 24/7 currently... so i'll have to be super careful... Thank god the underside of the speed6 is pretty well covered and protected against splashing....

I wouldn't relly worry about it all that much. I had a CAI on my 3 and never had any issues(the filter sat alot lower on that intake). Just don't drive through any rivers and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
It's not my CAI, it's from someone on another board.

Man I wish mine was here!

I was thinking about getting this but was really worried about the sound. The increase in hp and torque they claim is very impressive, but im just wondering how loud will this make the car sound. If either of you guys can get a sound clip up from inside the car be awsome. Also if you can throw in your fav music cd and see if the engine noise is loud enough to get in the way and let us know. Also how long of an install was this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jet Engine is the perfect description as to how the MS6 sounds with this intake.. its crazy!

I'll get a soundclip.. both outside.. and inside.. tomorrow for some people... Batteries died in camera yesterday.. and it got late... If you aren't racing the car... just easy.. normal driving.. and have stereo on.. you probalby won't notice it all that much....

I can't give a sound clip with my stereo going to help you compare.. as i replaced all my speakers and tossed in 2 12's...

Anyway... if you want to keep the quiet... yet zippy luxury feel.. don't mod it... Speed6 stock is perfect... But i wanted the more sporty BOV and such... Plus.. my car was head to head with my friends modded evo... And with the little bit of testing I did today.. I think i'll be watchin him in my rear-view now...

Great for you! Send a picture and we may be able to give you a hint with the package. I am a little bit reluctant to install one because durability, but your sound clip may change that. Happy and safe motoring. Let us know how it goes with the EVO....(peep)

CreatureCore said:
Any luck with a sound clip perfect?

Oh s*** sorry guys... i'll get right on that today.. sun finally came out... at least for a bit... startin to look nasty again already.... so I'll get inside... with windows up and down... not sure if i'll get a driveby or not yet..

I'll edit and post the links in the first post on this thread as well

PerfectXtreme said:
Oh s*** sorry guys... i'll get right on that today.. sun finally came out... at least for a bit... startin to look nasty again already.... so I'll get inside... with windows up and down... not sure if i'll get a driveby or not yet..

I'll edit and post the links in the first post on this thread as well

Awsome, thanks perfect.

nvmsp said:
lol you know who you are if you doubted the ms6.

I know you weren't talking to me, but I had to comment anyway. I knew along with you that the MS6 would be awesome. Great car!!

Back