HID + HID Fogs= Lighting Nirvana

JAVI

:
2006 5 Touring/Navi - 2006 3 sTouring 5dr
Following in the footsteps of the_saint (your write up was a great help) I went ahead and istalled an HID kit for the headlights and one for the foglights. I was so excited to get them done after over a month waiting for them to arrive that I did not take any before pics or comparison pics, but my best friend has the exact 5 as me so it should be no biggie if anyone wants to see them side by side.

I am by no means a photographer and I found it a bit tricky to shoot the car in focus, but here a few shots.

Attachments

• hid1.JPG
    hid1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,563
  • hid2.JPG
    hid2.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 264
  • hid3.JPG
    hid3.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,507
  • hid4.JPG
    hid4.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,552
  • hid5.JPG
    hid5.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Thanks for the props! Good job yourself.
I'm guessing with all that light output you shouldn't have any problems with bugs at night this summer...they'll all be vaporized before they have a chance to hit your car! :D

(thumb)

I love good headlights for night driving.

So how much did it cost, and how long did it take to install?

I really like the output you are getting from those lights, man thats nice!

Keep Zooming

Thanks. Functionality was my main purpose for this mod. The difference is amazing and I'm very happy with the outcome. I got the Xtec kit in 4500k from Xenon Expert on another Mazda forum. http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=19611.0

I know the stock Mazda HID is 4100k-4300k in temperature, but they said the XTec 4500k lights up like Mazdas 4300k or Acura/Honda 4100k and I agree. You will get the most lumens in this temperature range. Anything else is just more color and less light.

Their site shows $350 per kit. Follow this link for lower price of $315. http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=11739.0

My price was a bit lower because I bought more than one kit at a time. Worth every penny!

The HID kit install itself is plug and play piece of cake. It took me around 3 hours because I followed the_saint's lead and took the bumper and headlights out to hide everything and make the bulb swap not a frustration. Anyone can do it.

i did this to my mazdaspeed when i still had it. there are pictures up here somewhere. i loved the look it gave. i'll never own a vehicle with stock halogens ever again

JAVI said:
Following in the footsteps of the_saint (your write up was a great help) I went ahead and istalled an HID kit for the headlights and one for the foglights. I was so excited to get them done after over a month waiting for them to arrive that I did not take any before pics or comparison pics, but my best friend has the exact 5 as me so it should be no biggie if anyone wants to see them side by side.

I am by no means a photographer and I found it a bit tricky to shoot the car in focus, but here a few shots.

I'd love to see comparison pics with your friend's stock 5, especially those showing the road lit up.

Very nice!!!

I will see about it over the weekend. It will probably not be that same road since it's a fairly busy one and I had to stop the car several times to take a pic that wasn't all blurry.
But I'll work something out.

JAVI said:
I will see about it over the weekend. It will probably not be that same road since it's a fairly busy one and I had to stop the car several times to take a pic that wasn't all blurry.
But I'll work something out.
Get a tripod. Probably the single best camera accessory you can buy. Or atleast rest the camera on something stable to eliminate the shakes.

Back