My lock frozed this morning (-4 celsius GTA)

:
Mazda5, Acura 1.6EL
My lock frozed on my Mazda5 this morning. Outside temp was -4 degrees celsius. My keyless entry was almost useless as the lock did not turn even after repeated tries. I try to unlock it manually with the key and the lock still would not turn. After 15 frustrating minutes of looking for my de-icer (did not find it) I press the remote a few times really quickly I did manage to unlock all the other doors ( the driver door was still locked.) If anyone come across this problem you may have to try pressing the remote a few times in quick successions to unlock all doors, otherwise if not done quick enough, it keeps trying to unlock the driver side door only. I have not been able to fully confirm this, since it only happened once so far. I will make sure to stock up on de-icers.

canadianexpress said:
My lock frozed on my Mazda5 this morning. Outside temp was -4 degrees celsius. My keyless entry was almost useless as the lock did not turn even after repeated tries. I try to unlock it manually with the key and the lock still would not turn. After 15 frustrating minutes of looking for my de-icer (did not find it) I press the remote a few times really quickly I did manage to unlock all the other doors ( the driver door was still locked.) If anyone come across this problem you may have to try pressing the remote a few times in quick successions to unlock all doors, otherwise if not done quick enough, it keeps trying to unlock the driver side door only. I have not been able to fully confirm this, since it only happened once so far. I will make sure to stock up on de-icers.
As far as the unlocking doors thing, that's how most automatic locks work. One press gets you the driver's side door. Two presses at the right pace unlocks all doors. Some cars are more finicky than others at having an exact delay between the two presses before it accepts it. Should only take two presses, but if they are too fast or too slow it won't work.

Back