Holy Sh*t

Mikey444

:
Mazda 3 & RX-8
OMFG, I can not beleive this. I just noticed that the head of one of my locking lug nuts is frigin broken, omfg, mechanics are ******* stupid, why do they always overtorque their tools.

Now how the **** is the thing suppose to come off?? And fuckers, they are going to have to buy me a new set of locking lug nuts.

Here is a pic. If it's not one thing, it's always another(deadhorse (pic1)

Thought I would show off the shine of my car while I was at it (thumb) (pic2)

EDIT:Now what are all the bull s*** excuses they are going to throw at for why it is not their fault and why I have to pay more money to rectify this crap?

Attachments

• Imagen 001.jpg
    Imagen 001.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 324
  • Imagen 002.jpg
    Imagen 002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 312
there's a reason why the key to my lugnuts says "Do NOT use with impact wrench"

he used an airgun, but holly sh*t, how much torque did he use to break it, damn, now all the lug nuts must be retorqued.

dealership did that to my other car and ruined all the lugs. Ford charges $10 per lug nut!

Actually the reason they broke is cause you are using them on crappy rims and not mags. At least that's what happens to my MSP. When I put my locks on my winter rims (laziness) they would break off even if I torqued by hand. I've never had it break when I put then on the racing hart's, even when I used my air tool. But your dealership should know that.

enry said:
Actually the reason they broke is cause you are using them on crappy rims and not mags. At least that's what happens to my MSP. When I put my locks on my winter rims (laziness) they would break off even if I torqued by hand. I've never had it break when I put then on the racing hart's, even when I used my air tool. But your dealership should know that.

One of my wheel locks is broken too :(

I have new brembo rotors sitting in the garage waiting to be installed... too bad for me the key for the wheel lock broke too so I can't do anything. The replacement key is in the mail but what am I supposed to do about the broken lock lug? Should I even attempt to remove it? It isn't fully broken off as Mikey444's, so the key would be able to engage a bit. I'm assuming if I can't get it off I'll have to take it to a shop to have it drilled/cut off? Can this be safely done without damaging the wheels?

I might just do the rear rotors/pads until I know what I can do about the broken lock.

This happened to stretch at a mazda dealership...the stock torque for the 6 is 87ft/lbs. The dealership torqued them to 140+!!!!! =/

Went to dealer today, they are ordering me a new nut and they took off the existing one by carving a groove on the side and than hamering it in that spot with an air gun and a flat something that I dont know the name, took 5 mins. They put a regular nut on for now.

those stealies are worth a ton on the street man... you better get a set of wheel locks for em.

Mikey444 said:
Went to dealer today, they are ordering me a new nut and they took off the existing one by carving a groove on the side and than hamering it in that spot with an air gun and a flat something that I dont know the name, took 5 mins. They put a regular nut on for now.

And they did that without damaging the wheel? I might take my car to a wheel/tire place and ask them, although I should trust the Mazda dealership here because it's a Mazda/Porsche/Audi dealership.

Prodigy said:
those stealies are worth a ton on the street man... you better get a set of wheel locks for em.

The only places the car gets parked, is here at home in garage, busy parking lots far from cars but where it's always seen and in the secured parking lot of work. It would be pretty hard to get it stolen.

Hardware stores also sell special biets specifically designed to unscrew stripped screws & bolts. Looks pretty cool actually. Not sure if it would fit in the recessed hole in a mag.

enry said:
Hardware stores also sell special biets specifically designed to unscrew stripped screws & bolts. Looks pretty cool actually. Not sure if it would fit in the recessed hole in a mag.
Yup. Sears bolt-out FTW.

I always tell people to ditch the bad stock lock nuts on cars, but no one ever listens.

Back