Front Turn Bulb Replacement

SteveM6S

2004 Mazda 6S The front driver turn signal bulb burnt out. The user manual says you have to go to the dealer to replace the bulb. Can you do it yourself?
Thanks

SteveM6S said:
2004 Mazda 6S The front driver turn signal bulb burnt out. The user manual says you have to go to the dealer to replace the bulb. Can you do it yourself?
Thanks
yes you can...looking in behind headlight housing 2nd most outer flat tab is rotated (not shure clock or counter-clock)and pulled twards cabin and bulb is released.

Last edited:
Tinted amber bulbs give off a more cleaner look IMHO... Untill they come on there is no hiddeous amber outcast in the housings.

Exterior Lighting -
Low Beam: H1
High Beam: H1
Fog Light (non-sport): H1
Fog Light (sport): H3
Front Parking Light: 194
Front Turn Signals (North America): 1157
Front Turn Signals (Global): 1156
Front Side Markers: 194
Rear Brake Light: 7443
Rear Turn Signal: 7440
Rear Back up Light: 921
Rear License Plate Lights: 194

Interior Lighting -
Interior Door Lights: 194
Interior Dome Lights: 194
Glove Box Light: 194
Vanity Mirror: 74
Trunk light: Sedan - ? Hatch - 31mm Festoon

Last edited:
turn sig bulb removal picts

twist the flat piece till it stops rotating
346706_88_full.jpg

then pull out
346706_89_full.jpg

Stuck

Da 6 said:
turn sig bulb removal picts

twist the flat piece till it stops rotating
346706_88_full.jpg

then pull out
346706_89_full.jpg

The turn light started working so we left it alone. Went out again so tried to replace it. As you indicated it was easy, found tab and turned to release and pulled unit out.
Replaced bulb but had trouble getting back in. Now it is back in, but still doesn't work. I also can't fully turn tab nor remove the unit. I don't know if its not working because it was misaligned when it went in or other problem
Any ideas.
Next stop will be to the dealer.

Well ... i switched mine easily took me 10 minutes max ... in your case, I think you should try either pulling and twisting it at the same time or pushing and twisting it at the same time ... also if you had placed it back in the opposite way, the tabs wouldn't have aligned so unless you forced it in, you should be able to pull it out eventually using the push/pull + twist method ... i changed mine to Silverstar 1157s so that it's blue in appearance but blinks amber (rei)

I have the tinted amber bulbs giving off a silver appearance to front end w/o giving off what bulb is blinker. Too bad they got discontinued :(

Attachments

• JDMgrille.jpg
    JDMgrille.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 252
Back