Mazda6 or Altima3.5

According to Motor Trend, the Mazda 6 is the better of the two. Feb 2003 issue.

You dont wanna look at just HP if you're trying to compage them. The Altima is lighter, barely, comes STD with 17" Wheels, which is a pkg option on the 6. They both have a nice sporty suspension. The Altiima is STD with a 5 speed stick, and the 6 is STD with an Auto, with no stick option. Also the Nissan peaks HP @ 5800 where the 6 peaks at 6000. Lower would mean it reaches it faster. Performace wise the Altima is superior. They both look damn good, the 6 has a looks that would look better if you did other stuff to it. The Altima has a little more of a refined look. I dunno, I would say test drive them, and see which one feels better.

bud_d when you say it does not come with a manual, I assume you are talking about the v-6. Some of the original literature sent to the dealers did not mention the v-6 manual but if you go to the mazdausa web page and build a Mazda 6 the manual is also available. I had to do that to convince the local dealer.

As for which is better, it depends on what you want in the car. As Pirana mentions above Motor Trend tested it, so did Car and Driver, and Road and Track with similiar results.

on the 6 it comes as a 5 speed standard on either the 4 or the 6 cylinder attached is a pic

Basically it comes down to your tastes and priorities. The Altima has superior power and acceleration. The Mazda has superior handling and driving dynamics as well as a higher class interior. If you're out to win the stoplight races, get the Altima. IMHO the 6 is a better overall sports sedan.

the 6 is a better overall sports sedan.

BETTER OVERALL...seems to sum up all the recent Mazda models...similar faster cars exist...but Mazda is best at offering the public a truly COMPLETE package.:cool:

The Altima also seems a lot roomier on the inside than the 6, but I really think the interior of the Mazda has a much higher quality appearance and feel.

I'm not a huge fan of the body kit one has to get in order to obtain the factory sport package on the Mazda, but I could live with it.

I read somewhere that, other than the 17" wheels and tires, the suspension a regular M6 versus the sport-package M6 is the same. If so, I could deal with the non-black interior and just put aftermarket rims on the car to get the 17s. Has anyone driven both a regular and a sport and can provide a ride/handling report?

NegatiZE said:
I think the Altima will win the stoplight races, but the Mazda6 will win in the fun to drive category. And just stop and look at this interior, WOW: http://www.morrownet.net/negatize/images/08.jpg

I read on some highly ranked internet car site that the Mazda 6s is only like .3 sec slower than the Altima from 0-60mph. I'm 110% positive I saw this, I just forgot the site. So, I think its more of a reaction time and good gear shifting to determine the winner.

:mad: I'm still looking for the site.

Well if you think about it V6 3.5 vs. V6 3.0 and there is only a .3 sec difference thats only becuz the altima has a bigger engine. All I know is that I smoked a altima V6 3.5 on the highway. So I'm happy!

:D Ok guys/gals, it was a Motor Trend site. My friend found it for me.

Mazda6 s (V6) :eek:
0-60mph 6.67secs
1/4 mile 15.1secs

gb5mx said:
I read somewhere that, other than the 17" wheels and tires, the suspension a regular M6 versus the sport-package M6 is the same.

this is true. the sport package is pretty much asthetic mods.
17" wheels and tires, diffrent front bumper,guage cluster, body kit, wing,fog lights.

part of the reason why i bought the base model. will be doing it up anyways. so why spend extra money?

Back