YouTube video of CX-3s loading at Japan port on 2/27/15...

Cool video. I am one who lusts after sky blue mica. I am still upset I couldn't get that color!

I don't know man. I know people here seem to LOVE that color but for me it just too blue if that makes any sense. Like if the Soul Red where Fire Engine Red instead. It's like Fire Engine Blue. I don't hate it and I'm probably biased as well.

I don't know man. I know people here seem to LOVE that color but for me it just too blue if that makes any sense. Like if the Soul Red where Fire Engine Red instead. It's like Fire Engine Blue. I don't hate it and I'm probably biased as well.

It doesn't really call to me either. It reminds me of the Laguna Seca Blue on one of my nephews '02 M3.

SBM is a good color if you want to wear bronze or black aftermarket wheels.

Count me in as one of the guys who wanted Sky blue mica. I wanted an original color, but had to settle for Grey since Mazda decided to get boring.

I have the Sky Blue as well and I like it.
One of the upsides, which is also a downside, is that it is very noticeable and memorable (same as the red). Our Blue Reflex Mazda3 is still nice, but not as noticeable / bold and more "safe". I also liked the white, but others in my family objected to that color.

I have the Sky Blue as well and I like it.
One of the upsides, which is also a downside, is that it is very noticeable and memorable (same as the red). Our Blue Reflex Mazda3 is still nice, but not as noticeable / bold and more "safe". I also liked the white, but others in my family objected to that color.

That is exactly what I like about the Blue Reflex. It's a color that doesn't beat you over the head with it. Black, White, Silver and Grey all look good in their own rights but not really a "color" imo.

All I want to know is how many cars are going on that ship, how many drivers do they use and how long does it take!

Looks like that ship travels between Yokosuka and Australia often.

Last edited:
My son said the same thing about white; it is not a color :). Personally, I think the Crystal White is very nice and maybe I'll insist for my next vehicle (we've been having blue cars since 2005). I think the grays are also not bad, but they are gray: sad, boring and colorless.
I guess the American public in general prefers safe / subdued / bland colors, which I can appreciate. Many don't want HERE I AM color on their car.

That is exactly what I like about the Blue Reflex. It's a color that doesn't beat you over the head with it. Black, White, Silver and Grey all look good in their own rights but not really a "color" imo.

I would have gotten the white over blue reflex if not for the extra fee. I felt like that was a rip-off. I had to settle on blue reflex since I basically hate silver or gray cars, the darker blue was TOO dark and looked basically black unless you're in good light, and they quit making sky blue :( Red is not really for me and my mom got a black CX-5. I'm not fond of black anyway. It's so annoying to me that they're reusing sky blue on the CX-3 now!

Lol...caught a glimpse of a Mazda5 driving into the cargo ship at the end.

I really like silver because it hides scratches, dents, and dirt the best of any color. Its timeless and will look "newer" longer. Other colors seem to go out of fashion and your car looks dated sooner. Black is too hot in the summer and its the worst for showing every little scratch. White stays cool but it gets dirty too fast. Silver is the best compromise.

I really like silver because it hides scratches, dents, and dirt the best of any color. Its timeless and will look "newer" longer. Other colors seem to go out of fashion and your car looks dated sooner. Black is too hot in the summer and its the worst for showing every little scratch. White stays cool but it gets dirty too fast. Silver is the best compromise.
Silver looks great on some cars and in fact works well on CX-5, but it is SOOOO common. The alternative is a color that is actually interesting and taking care of your vehicle so that there is no need to "hide scratches, dents and dirt".

Back