Yet another new owner...

magnumP5

:
'86 RX-7 Base, '79 RX-7 GS
Hi there, new 2 (Touring, MT) owner here, but not new to the forums or Mazda by any means. I needed to get out of the habit of driving my Tacoma around town so I started looking at B-segment cars. I liked the Fiesta Hatch at first but cost and lead time killed it for me. Same for the Fit and everything else is incredibly ugly and/or boring (e.g. Versa). I ended up wandering by a Mazda dealership and go figure they had a '11 2 with the options I wanted and in the best color (RED!). $17k later and it was mine. 35+ mph and <$30 fillups more than make up for the 100 hp/98 ft-lb.

Did you buy the one from Kings? It was the only manual touring left in Cincinnati, so it's like fate that you stumbled upon it. Did you get it for $17k after taxes and financing? If so, that's a hell of a price. They would only go down to $17,400 for me.

It's nice to know there's another Cincinnati Mazda2 owner on here :)

Did you buy the one from Kings? It was the only manual touring left in Cincinnati, so it's like fate that you stumbled upon it. Did you get it for $17k after taxes and financing? If so, that's a hell of a price. They would only go down to $17,400 for me.

It's nice to know there's another Cincinnati Mazda2 owner on here :)
Yep, from King's. I think the final price out the door with taxes, title fees and GAP protection was like $17,865. Without all that crap it was like $15,655; it's amazing how quickly things go up.

I guess the manuals don't sell to well because it seemed they really wanted to get rid of it. It had been sitting at least a week when I picked it up (saw it the previous weekend first). There just must not be that many in the area considering I've only seen three others since I've had the car.

Welcome to the party!
I'll admit it's a lot more fun to drive than I thought, but still no RX-7. It's going to be hard to leave it alone. I've already caught myself looking at suspension and wheel/tire mods!

Congrats on the car. They are a fun car to drive. Yeah not a lot of power but taking on and off ramps at speed makes up for it. We have a few suspension upgrades for them and some engine upgrades with more parts to come. Let me know if you have any questions.

welcome, i got mine a week ago too, and like everyone else has said...it's a blast to throw it into a corner.

Welcome! And there is just no way that you can't touch/mod the 2. It SCREAMS to be lowered! haha

LOL! I guess I'm the only one who gets a little nervous throwing it into a corner. Granted, it'll go in and out faster than my Tacoma (what doesn't?) but I'm pretty sure I've had one of the rear wheels up a few times.

Lowering springs, front and rear swaybars and some lightweight wheels are all I have planned right now. I told myself I won't do anything to sacrifice ride quality or increase noise so coilovers are definitely out and intake/exhaust mods would have to be very tasteful. I'm looking at the Racing Beat suspension package as they're typically more on the conservative size. Wheels will likely be 15x7 +36 Enkei RPF-1's.

Back