Yay or nay?

I think they are basil. But I would only use them if they are 18" or more

Nay. The available sizes are not very CX-5 friendly either. My guess is they are low quality cast wheels.

EDIT: just confirmed they're about $100-$120 / wheel, VERY cheap

Nay. The available sizes are not very CX-5 friendly either. My guess is they are low quality cast wheels.

Would buying the right size hub centering rings solve the sizing issue?

RTX apparently is actually a Canadian company and their rims are made in Taiwan. Quality wise it won't be top notch, but I think for the price it maybe a good deal?

the wheels heights and widths are for smaller vehicles. They don't even make 19x8 which is probably the most common wheels size for aftermarket buyers.

The hubcentric ring has nothing to do with wheels size (height and width).

the wheels heights and widths are for smaller vehicles. They don't even make 19x8 which is probably the most common wheels size for aftermarket buyers.

The hubcentric ring has nothing to do with wheels size (height and width).

Interesting...my winter tire size currently measures 215-70-16 if that helps

Sorry, I'm completely new to all wheels and rims modifications.

The shop I was looking in assured me it will fit, now I'm not so sure if it will.

No worries man. It's not just about fitting, it's about fitting, handling, looks, etc; IMO. Look at the wheels pics in the "show me your wheels" thread and notice wheel/tire sizes. 17" and below look puny on the CX-5 but offer more comfort. Tons of opinions on the forum but I think 19s or 20s will work the best. A really common size is 20x8.5 with a +40 offset with a 245 tire.

Thumbs up from me, but only for 18's.
I just picked up a similar style for my Black Mica CX5 (18x7.5 Sport Edition KV5's)

No worries man. It's not just about fitting, it's about fitting, handling, looks, etc; IMO. Look at the wheels pics in the "show me your wheels" thread and notice wheel/tire sizes. 17" and below look puny on the CX-5 but offer more comfort. Tons of opinions on the forum but I think 19s or 20s will work the best. A really common size is 20x8.5 with a +40 offset with a 245 tire.

Just as a theoretical question, what would happen if I did put these on. I think looks are subjective since we all have different tastes, but how will the handling be effected?

EDIT: Will the tires be effected as well?

Thumbs up from me, but only for 18's.
I just picked up a similar style for my Black Mica CX5 (18x7.5 Sport Edition KV5's)

I've gotten to the point where I would be happy to take any rims instead of the black steelies despite the size. (gah)

For $100, that is a price you can't really beat. Just consider you still have to buy tires..

Doesn't the GT come with 19" wheels stock?

You can buy my OEM 19s for $1200 - for real

Since you're looking for a winter wheel, cheap alloy is the way to go. 16" and a tall sidewall will absorb the frost heaves better too. Check out older Mazda takeoffs on Craigslist. You're bound to find something off a Mazda 6 or 3 that should fit.

These too you know you want hubcap over that steelie
81k9GzWLvBL._SL1500_.jpg

gallery_111_14_15376.jpg

Back