XelderX's BG FSP Build

Was good seeing you man. For sure last time to see the 3 out in Lincoln!

Sad to hear that man. This year was tough for both of us and I completely understand. Nationally, FSP has gotten a little crazy. Williams Civic and Mannix's BMW are in a whole other league. Jinx had to make some serious changes to his car after the Pro Solo and he still couldn't keep up. The extreme heat helped the lighter weight cars. Our car was a little too tight, but it helped my co-driver out since he wasn't fighting a really loose car on cooler tires. It hurt me a little as it overworked the front tires and they fell off much faster on Day 2. I'm looking forward to what you guys will be working on for next season.

Was watching your results- couldn't make it this year, and the Scirocco was having issues anyway...

Mannix's BMW are in a whole other league.

It's humbling chasing Mannix, Wenzel and (PAX hammer) Dorsey every event.

Sad to hear that man. This year was tough for both of us and I completely understand. Nationally, FSP has gotten a little crazy. Williams Civic and Mannix's BMW are in a whole other league. Jinx had to make some serious changes to his car after the Pro Solo and he still couldn't keep up. The extreme heat helped the lighter weight cars. Our car was a little too tight, but it helped my co-driver out since he wasn't fighting a really loose car on cooler tires. It hurt me a little as it overworked the front tires and they fell off much faster on Day 2. I'm looking forward to what you guys will be working on for next season.

Yeah, we were suffering the same problem. We couldn't get the back end coming out as much as always and had to work our asses off to keep the fronts cool. Never really had time to relax and wait for our run time. It was out of our usual routine... drive-back to grid-spray tires-relax and think. It was more like drive-hurry the f up-sweat your ass off-less than 5 mins between runs, that fucker was rushing us through quite fast, we complained, he didn't care (brack dude who races a kart). Anyways, I am sad that I am retiring the 3 but I just don't think there was ANY way we can make up that 2+ seconds deficit, even if the weather was better and maybe the course was more open and more speed. I don't know... all year long, I've compared times with STR cause the guy that I compare times to always get similar times with Ron and other top FSP car/drivers... so we showed up to Nats with higher expectation and we got smashed! We might be out of FSP for next year as we might be doing STX in Justin's MS3.

Last edited:
Old ass thread, but congratulations on the third place finish at Nationals! I had a couple friends at Nationals so I checked in on your times while I was stalking them via the live timing website.

Old ass thread, but congratulations on the third place finish at Nationals! I had a couple friends at Nationals so I checked in on your times while I was stalking them via the live timing website.

Thanks a bunch! Don't forget, my girlfriend won the Ladies National Championship! I will post up some video soon.

Back