xDJ DUBx's 03.5 Pure White LX-T

just an FYI on the AEM - the filter is at the same level as the Injen. the only difference is the Injen places the filter in the wheel well for cooler air, and the AEM places the filter in the engine bay for esier installation. other than that, the power gains will be similar, if not the same, and the filter isnt any higher.

Injen CAI can be converted to SRI. That's what I'm running.

CAI converted to SRI.

I also have run both the AEM as well as the Injen. AEM SRI puts the filter down at the bottom of the engine bay, where the Injen CAI puts the filter at the bottom of teh wheel well.

If i were you and you're worried about sucking up water, get the Injen CAI and just don't install the downtube.

Injen CAI converted to SRI
2504616873_c8fe719402_o.jpg

And here is the AEM SRI
DSC00395.jpg

Last edited:
So your saying that the Injen CAI converted to SRI is better than an AEM SRI?

No, he is saying they are pretty much the same thing. Which I disagree with, the colder the air going into the engine the better combustion and exceleration you get. But to each his own (drive). BTW those splash guards are pretty easy to find at junk yards. I got a few myself after mine got distroid.

I am not saying one is better than the other. To be honost, you WILL NOT FEEL A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SRI AND CAI

This topic has been done to death!!

What I WAS saying is that an AEM SRI is the exact same depth as the Injen CAI but the AEM is INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY, where the Injen CAI is in the wheel well.

And, if you were worried about sucking in water, don't get the AEM SRI, cause it sets at the bottom of the engine bay. See pics above

I don't mean or want to start a flame war of SRI vs CAI, but, in all honosty, the CAI piping goes the exact same place the SRI does, and if you're at speed, the engine bay temps are not that much different than a CAI intake in the fender.

BTW those splash guards are pretty easy to find at junk yards. I got a few myself after mine got distroid.

Man, every time I go to a junkyard I don't find any 3rd gen protys. Last time I went I found only 2 but both were in massive front end crashes.

Hmm, I might just go with a the Injen then, since it sits on top as a SRI and I can turn it into a CAI if I wanted to.

Any of you guys have a Racing beat exhaust with OBX headers?

I want a Racing Beat SOOOOO Bad!! From what i've been told, that's about the best exhaust to be matched to have the least amount of drone.

I WANTED a corksport cat-back with OBX headers but I seen a Sand Mica on youtube with the same combo and it sounded like a loud ass weed wacker honda. I was like **** that s***.

This is what mine sounds like currently...

Anyways some guys told me I should get a racing beat for a deep tone, which is what I want, not a high pitch ugly ass noise.

yeah, racing beat is not high pitched and ricey.

I like my magnaflow, but if i can find someone willing to sell a RB, i'll be all over it and put a magnaflow on the wife's car

I HAD an OBX, but, it droned too bad with the magnaflow on the highway, so i sold it. So, i'm stock header at the moment.

Then I decided i REALLY miss the exhaust note in teh city and the added power, so, i sourced a long tube Ractive header, but turns out the EGR nipple is stripped, so, i'm working on gettin that fixed.

But, here's a few vid clips of Injen SRI, Stock header and midpipe, with magnaflow catback(inside car vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1gYBVWWceo

And here's a shot outside teh car

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/cbrjeeper/?action=view&current=MOV00945.flv

I can't find the video from outside the car though. Hmmmm

Last edited:
Not bad, real mellow.

You need to lower your ride or better yet, SLAM IT. :)

H&R springs and Tokico Blue's are on the list to be purchased with the bonus at the end of hte year

1.3" down please

And to be honost, i think the AEM SRI is just bad placement all together. One, it's behind the fan, 2, it's right beside the motor down in the engine bay.

That's why I went back to stock till I could pickup teh Injen I got now

Thank you sir, I think I just might get custom piping done at my muffler shop and call it a day. I'm scared to get headers now in fear that I'll gain a high pitch exhaust.

I had teh OBX with the magnaflow and it was a DEEP exhaust. Not Ricey!! I LOVED IT in the city, but hated it on the highway. Hopefully i can get the Ractive on this week. If so, vids will be posted

Last edited:
Back