WTB UniChip

Chang don't do it. With the turbolife alone you'll have to get it retuned. Been there and done that and trust me when I say " buy a SS AFC V2!". You'll be much happier!

Chang don't do it. With the turbolife alone you'll have to get it retuned. Been there and done that and trust me when I say " buy a SS AFC V2!". You'll be much happier!

Damn. Just sold mine because i wanted to advance timing too! Damn it. What do you mean return it? Could you emphasize?

The unichip has 2 set maps a+b. A is for everyday driving and b is advanced timing only to be used with 100 octane fuel. The map a is to b used with a cai and upgrade exhaust and that it any mod above that and you'll have to take it to a unichip tuner and have it custom mapped to match your mods. You could of got the SS FTC instead of the AFC. FTC does allows you to adjust timing and air fuel ratios. Hit the search button man and start studying

Klinkb has a SS FTC for sale for $450 on page 3 of this section. He's had it up for sale for a min so read through and check it out.

I was planning on taking my unichip to be tuned anyway. Have map A be tuned for everday driving with injectors tuned down, and at 3 psi. I was gonna have B tuned for more aggressive driving at 8 psi and using 440 injectors.

Well as long as you've done your homework that's the main thing. I didn't before I bought my unichip and was pretty dissapointed afterwards. Good luck with it, I just don't like the tunablity of the unichip.

Hahaha you told me. I remember. I researched, and I found a couple unichip tuners around me. So hopefully it'll work out.

Do you think a Greddy Profec B EBC woudl work the Unichip? i know you said it came witha boost controller.

Hahaha you told me. I remember. I researched, and I found a couple unichip tuners around me. So hopefully it'll work out.

Do you think a Greddy Profec B EBC woudl work the Unichip? i know you said it came witha boost controller.

yes, you would just not use the included boost controller. this is what I'd recommend anyway.

Yep! That exactly what I had when I was using the unichip. The EBC solinoid that comes with the unichip is the biggest piece of s*** to ever been talked about on the forums. If you get a unichip. Don't ever use the EBC!

Nice. Btw, the grill you sent me was cracked when it came in. Iono how, but the flaps were cracked. But it's all good, had my mechanic paint it, and glue it best he could. Can barely tell. I love it still.

Thanks for the advice on the unichip. I was really confused about the ebc thing. So i would hook everything up besides the boost actuator and in place hook up the solenoid for the greddy profec b?

Yeah use everything that comes with the greddy and throw away the one the comes with the unichip. Greddy makes there own solinoids and I think there the most stable ones on the market from what I've read. Dude sorry about the tabs on the grill.I think I used 4 lbs of bubble wrap to make sure that didn't happen.That sucks but I'm glad that your mechanic bro fixed you up. Same thing happened to my XC cf trunk when I got it from another member. The right side tip got damaged during shipping but it's fixable. So your really set on the unishit huh? Good luck with that man. Isnt it like $300 buck every time you have it tuned?

Yeah your right wagon. If you got a cai an exhaust and that's it. It ******* awsome! Just don't use the god damn ECB or you might bend a rod or something of that nature i'm guessing(not just saying that in theory)!

you can use the EBC, its just got a lil more spike than some find tolerable.

I was honestly torn between the 2. my love of tinkering with s*** was what finished the decision to the SSAFC. so eventually I'll datalog some wideband readings and start tweaking the tune. for now I'm treating the superstock map like its basically a unichip.

it's ok. I'm planning on getting it tuned once, and then I'll be done modding my car...maybe.

Besides unichip, i've been looking at other options. Possibly the AEM IC/F.

I just need something that'll control timing.

I have a lot of tuners in the area telling me get the aem. And i remember reading that a ton of people were having problems with their FTC. But i might be remembering it incorrectly.

Back