WTB/T radio with SAT button

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami

Contributor
:
mazda3 5 door
looking to trade my 6 disc changer from an 04 with one preferrably 6 disc as well with the SAT button on it so i can install sirius.... would possibly consider going to a single disc but would prefer not to....i will ship mine and pay for you to ship yours back plus a bit of compensation of course that we can discuss.... or if you live in new england i will drive to meet you and will take yours out and put mine in... shouldn't take more then half an hour at the most....

Last edited:
lmao

sorry bro. arent you better off with an aftermarket unit anyways?

ZoomVT said:
lmao

sorry bro. arent you better off with an aftermarket unit anyways?

not really... i like the way the stock unit looks so much more b/c everything is integrated into the dash and stock hu.... i could just purchase one of the auto mods i guess.... i really don't like the way af hu's look, especially in a dash like ours where there is a lot of space... if i had an lcd screen or something to put in there then i would be more apt to remove the hu...

so ummm anybody with an 05 and up want some xtra $$ and not need/care for their SAT button... like i said i will ship you my radio first so you won't be without your tunes.. i will...:(

so im reading the how to someone wrote in a different thread and he points the connector in the back of the HU for the sirius component. so the only difference between the 04s and 05s is the "SAT" button on the front? can it be wired to another button? if the connector is there i guess you can then find a way to programa button to allow the connector to play no?
i could be talking out of my ass but im just curious and i assume you have done some research on this matter. right?

the connector isn't their on my 04.... it was added to all the 05 radios and up so if anyone wants the sat radio they can get it... and the reason i bumped this again was because of that thread... hehehe... i think in the next week or so i will get serious and start callin up junk yards to see what i can find...

tsunami,

The connector is there in all 2004 HUs. My 04 HU has the connector but not the SAT button. I didn't try to hook it up because I didn't know that the 04 had it until I was i the process of switching the HUs. However, my guess is that even with the connector, the firmware isn't updated to support Sirius.

Here is a brief note I found:

"Upgrade to Sirius Radio. Check this first before ordering. Turn the radio on, and turn the volume to zero (0). While pressing and holding the 'Audio Cont' knob, press the #1 preset button for more than two (2) seconds. The radio head software version will be displayed. The correct software version is 1.62 for MPV, Miata and Tribute. Anything less than 1.62 requires the radio head to be exchanged at United Radio for a unit with the updated software. (Free exchange at your local Mazda dealer) The correct software version for the Mazda3 is 9.75.39"

I don't know if this helps but it seems to help you determine the software version of your HU.

Thanks RedRaptor, i saw the connector and i wondered what it was for whn i was hooking up my sub. Now what is this about a free exchange at the Mazda Dealer?
Hmm i'll check this at lunch time.

Tsunam, you think many people already totalled their 05 3? i think you'll have a hard time finding one.
If you do find some let me know, i want one too now. I'll see if someone lets me borrow a Sirius receiver and see what happens whe i connect to the 04 HU. Maybe i can hack it.

RedRaptor said:
tsunami,

The connector is there in all 2004 HUs. My 04 HU has the connector but not the SAT button. I didn't try to hook it up because I didn't know that the 04 had it until I was i the process of switching the HUs. However, my guess is that even with the connector, the firmware isn't updated to support Sirius.

Here is a brief note I found:

"Upgrade to Sirius Radio. Check this first before ordering. Turn the radio on, and turn the volume to zero (0). While pressing and holding the 'Audio Cont' knob, press the #1 preset button for more than two (2) seconds. The radio head software version will be displayed. The correct software version is 1.62 for MPV, Miata and Tribute. Anything less than 1.62 requires the radio head to be exchanged at United Radio for a unit with the updated software. (Free exchange at your local Mazda dealer) The correct software version for the Mazda3 is 9.75.39"

I don't know if this helps but it seems to help you determine the software version of your HU.

strange i don't remember seeing another connector on my hu just the main one... i just had it out last weekend to... mmm, will have to look into that, as well as see what software version i have it will support sat or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back