WTB: J-Pipe

vangj01

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Titanium Gray Metallic.
Anybody have a spare MSP J-pipe that they are willing to part? I need to one because my right-side flange where it bolts to the mid-pipe broke. Or, does anyone know where I can buy one for a good price? Does the NA Protege j-pipe fit the MSP? I'd rather buy from somewhere local. lmk. Thanks.

I really don't think they are the same.. I looked at my MP3 one today and it has a bigger opening where it attaches to the mani than what the MSP one has.

That's good to know. Now I probalby won't buy a NA j-pipe then.

jpipe1.jpg

jpipe2.jpg

Looks good. This is from a MSP right? It must be, because it has that o2 bung there. I think the NA's didn't have that. Is the gasket still on there too? It looks like it.

Damn, I need this thing right away because my car is sounding like crap and it is embarrasing as heck, and it's getting colder here in MN. Is it pretty easy to take off from the S-Pipe?

I saw in one of your threads that you had a CS J-pipe. Where did you buy that from and how much was it? It looks like it'll fit with my PG Mid-pipe.

Most likely I will buy your stock j-pipe, unless the CS J-pipe fits my setup and doesn't cost too much. Let me know. Thanks.

I really don't think they are the same.. I looked at my MP3 one today and it has a bigger opening where it attaches to the mani than what the MSP one has.
it's all the same piece of s***! the MSP one is "different" because the O2 sensor is removed (used in non-turbo) and a plug bolt is put in place

vangj01 said:
This is from a MSP right? Is the gasket still on there too?

Yes, I removed this from my MSP about 2 weekends ago. The donut gasket is included as well.

vangj01 said:
Damn, I need this thing right away because my car is sounding like crap and it is embarrasing as heck, and it's getting colder here in MN. Is it pretty easy to take off from the S-Pipe?

You do not need to remove the S-pipe to install this. Replacing the s-pipe is no easy task either. You have to drop the entire turbo assembly, or unbolt the AC to have room to work. Either way, its not fun. Installing the j-pipe takes all of 15 minutes.

vangj01 said:
I saw in one of your threads that you had a CS J-pipe. Where did you buy that from and how much was it? It looks like it'll fit with my PG Mid-pipe.

I bought the CS J-pipe used from a member here, who bought it used from another member, lol. You cannot purchase just the J-pipe from corksport. You have to purchase both the s-pipe and j-pipe, which cost $350. If you want a CS J-pipe, you'll have to hunt the for sale threads and hope you find one! Mine cost me $75 btw. If you can find one, it should work with your PG midpipe without any issues.

Yes, I removed this from my MSP about 2 weekends ago. The donut gasket is included as well.

You do not need to remove the S-pipe to install this. Replacing the s-pipe is no easy task either. You have to drop the entire turbo assembly, or unbolt the AC to have room to work. Either way, its not fun. Installing the j-pipe takes all of 15 minutes.

I bought the CS J-pipe used from a member here, who bought it used from another member, lol. You cannot purchase just the J-pipe from corksport. You have to purchase both the s-pipe and j-pipe, which cost $350. If you want a CS J-pipe, you'll have to hunt the for sale threads and hope you find one! Mine cost me $75 btw. If you can find one, it should work with your PG midpipe without any issues.

I PM'ed you. Thanks.

Back