wtb - 3rd gen o2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
secondary...sorry, should have specified!

...i didn't think there was a difference between the two.
I thought there was a difference in how they heated up. I know the secondary has longer wires (even without the MSP extension) than the primary. The secondary's wires are like 12" ling whereas the primary has only 6" wires give or take.

You can use a universal and splice it in from the auto parts for like $70 they call out the same ngk sensor for front and rear.

well, i'm currently tight on funds...i just spent over 2K replacing my turbo/exhaust mani/dp and various other parts.

well if it's the secondary.. i'm assuming it's damaged or are you just getting a check engine light? i'm sure you know about using sparkplug non foulers as an o2 simulator. second O2 sensor is bulls*** anyway, just to tell the car the cat works. since ur tight on money i'd just find the cheapest generic you can find, splice it onto the connector and put an o2 sim on there.

I've had issues with universals just an fyi and i checked all the wires and everything and had a mechanic professionally install and wire it... still didn't work... bought an oem one :)

my check engine light is on also. the code was PO421 which is catalys under threshhold. I figure it is the upstream sensor. would that do the job?

Is it primary or secondary (does it tell you on your reader)? I don't have the numbers memorized...

the secondary (rear, downstream w/e you wanna call it) is what tells the ECU if the cat is working or not.

the primary is BEFORE the cats, it's what the ECU uses to set the fuel trims.

ya one will make your car run TERRIBLE the other won't cause as much of a difference

my car idles about 1k til it warms up from cold start and then drops to normal. other than thatg there is no change in performance of the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back