wrecked, repaired and resale value...?

MSP#735

:
2005 Acura TL
how much impact does this have on the resale/value? im sure as most of you know, my msp was involved in an accident and professionally repaired with ALL documentation and dollar amounts per repair. i will be selling her soon and wanted to know what to expect.

thanks

It depends ENTIRELY on the accident damage (frame repair or aesthetic?) and how well the repairs were performed...

any details?

i mean if it looks as good as new, tell whoever is looking to buy it about what happened. they may just tryn make a deal with you.

B1GHAM said:
It depends ENTIRELY on the accident damage (frame repair or aesthetic?) and how well the repairs were performed...

any details?

It affects it a lot. When they do an appraisal they will most likely do a Carfax. The carfax will say it has been in an accident w/moderate to extreme damage. I forget the wording. My car had moderate damage to it but they wouldn't go by my word. Carfax is a good resource but they need to be a little more specific. I have an 80k black MSP with an accident reported on the carfax and they only give me 5500 for my car.

i did roughly $12,000 worth of damage. none of which was frame. the repairs were; suspension, paint (the most expensive paint in the world, blazing mica yellow), side skirts and other minor parts. detailed pages from the professional body shop of repairs done as well as dollar amount. those that know me and have seen the car prior to and after the wreck cant tell its been in an accident, i can b/c its my car. i had a buddy that works at a dealership run my VIN via yahoo vehicle history and 0 results indicating a prior wreck or ANY damage at that matter. im most likely going to trade her in unless, someone wants to take the car off of my hands (when the time comes).

Last edited:
MSP#735 said:
i did roughly $12,000 worth of damage. none of which was frame. the repairs were; suspension, paint (the most expensive paint in the world, blazing mica yellow), side skirts and other minor parts. detailed pages from the professional body shop of repairs done as well as dollar amount. those that know me and have seen the car prior to and after the wreck cant tell its been in an accident, i can b/c its my car. i had a buddy that works at a dealership run my VIN via yahoo vehicle history and 0 results indicating a prior wreck or ANY damage at that matter. im most likely going to trade her in unless, someone wants to take the car off of my hands (when the time comes).

Did you report it to your insurance?

MSP#735 said:
is sure did, called the cops and everything. definately wasnt sneaky about any of this.

Damn your lucky than... carfax is raping me with having that on my car. I might as well have a salvage title. Also one good note w/ carfax some maintanence actually shows up on it. Like timing belt and some other regular maint stuff which I thought was cool.

it all depends on who your buyer is. I had all the documentation on my accident and I still got around the same price for my 6 that I would have had it not been in a wreck.

for the record, it drives exactly the same, if not better than before. suspension makes the MSP, we all know that, having said that, with the suspension being replace roughly 10,xxx miles ago, she almost a brand new car, paint and all!

it should have no effect on resale value unless there is a salvage title...

I would not let a dealershipship BS me into a lower trade in value because of it.

but private party.... your car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Back