Wiring the locks for a remote start?

krstofer

:
Winning Blue Mazda 3 hatch
Hey Guys,

I am tying to wire my remote start to unlock/lock the doors. I can only get it to lock. Can someone offer some advice? Thanks!!

krs

You might want to take it to a pro, I had the same problem and the way they were wired was very odd. 3 doors were negitive and 1 was positive, it took the guty 3 hours to figure it out. (scratch)

wow, that sux. I Hope I don't run into that problem. what starter system did you install?

its because of the way our locks work, something like two different voltages to make them lock and unlock... I did it with my compustar insall.. but I cant remember what the specs on the door locks are

I am pretty sure I can use a resistor to fix the voltage issue. That is what I have read on the forums and someone who did an install said the same thing.

Has anyone used the 555u unit forh te remote start install? How does it work?

Krs

hey guys i am very interested in getting my 3 to remote start. and i do have a manual. i have read that it is possible to trick the car into thinking the clutch is down for this remote start feature. my question is, how much would an installer charge to have this done, in the case they do decide to do this for me? and is it possible to have our stock alarms integraded with the remote start? thanks.

Back