Winter wiper blade

sonkinglo

hey guys
i just want to know what's the differece between winter wiper blade and the normal wiper blade we had right now??
is the rubber thicker or ...... ?
is it worth to change it to winter blade???
i live in toronto...not plenty of snows..but some crazy storms attack my lovely p5 once a while
if you guys recommend to change it in winter....which brand is good and what kind?
thx guys

hehehe...this one time, at band camp...toronto called in the army to shovel snow....hehehe...that was funny.

As far as I know, the winter wipers just have the rubber boot over them so that snow and ice can't collect and stop your wiper from flexing and contacting the whole window when it wipes. I've never bought them, but I've always wated to try them.

Last edited:
Toronto gets a couple of inches of snow and they call the army for help...lol...WE had the ice storm (I was 14 days without power, and my son was 11 months old at the time, my house is heated by electricity).

Never bothered to buy winter wiper blades, ever. Just make sure the frost is removed so that the blades flex properly.

So I have searched but have not found a brand name or where to get good winter blades. I have the Canadian Tire teflon coated ones and I thought they are suppose to be good but last year when I used them they would miss this little spot in front of my eyes and alot of the passenger side. I dealt with it anyways. This year the spot has grown huge and I cant really see any more when I use them unless I look way below it or beside it........its just not safe.

Anyone in the Toronto area use winter blades that you like and no where I can get them?

It's a proven fact that no matter how new your blades are they won't clear that little patch of glass at your eye-level. Evil bastard engineers!

I'm kidding....really.

Torontonians are weaklings. They don't even own shovels. They have to borrow their neighbour's.

I have the Teflon blades and work amazingly. But for all wipers to work well, you need to factor in allot of other things...Mainly where you're sending your heated air. What kind of white stuff is falling...How well you cleaned your winshield (Most people don't even bother clearing what accumulated over night and think they can just turn wipers on and it will looked as if they just Windexed it.......

Off topic...I remember one Montrealer driving next to me one winter during a bad storm and because his windshield wipers weren't working, he had a long string attached to them and moved the mechanism by pulling left and right....Of course he had to have both windows open to work his string..
If he was in toronto...he would have called a cab....

pfffff...Torontonians....
:D

I bought a set of these winter blades from WalMart. I got "Anco Premium Winter Blade". I had to get 20" driver/18" passenger, because they didn't have 21" and 19".

So far, after some rain and icing over overnight, they definitely are "ready to rock" in the morning much faster than normal blades.

If you forget to clean out a portion of the normal blade's assembly, and it's iced over, you'll get spots that aren't being wiped... Haven't had that happen with these winter blades yet.

They seem to wipe as well as normal ones. So if anything, give them a try. ANCO seems like a good brand.

My blades were $5.88 a pop in Wal-Mart.

The teflon blades are $17 each. Personally I don't think they are worth the price...I just bought the normal winter blades at CT for $6 each. And it is worth it to switch to winter blades.

Your best bet would be to buy them from the stealership because they are better quality.

The best wipers i've tried so far are Bosch. Its difficult to find winter ones though.

I had winter wipers on my last car and they were definately worth the money. I'd get em for the MSP but haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Winter is the time you kill your blades..

Every time you scrape the ice off the windshield, or the blades are stuck to the glass, there is damage caused to them..

All the boot does it prevent the assembly from sticking, but when you clean your windshield, just bend them, be it on the bad slushy days, then they are good..

We hardly get any snow here anyways (up north, driving through 3 feet of snow was fun..).

All we get here is Salt and a s*** load at that, the back window is a pain in the ass, good thing there is 5L of washer fluid..

Get new blades in the spring, and you can get tephlon replacement blades, so you can just replace the blade it's self, not all the wiper..

Has anyone tryed the Carry Tire Aero blade.. I used them on my previous car, and it was badly sized..

I think it's important to consider the other part of the equation.

The winter wiper fluid. I'm using those CT Teflons. They work great for me [except the rear but then that always sucked anyways].

Plus I'm using that Rain-X winter fluid. Great stuff. In fact I don't have to constantly use my wipers that much....

Except when someone in front of me is cleaning their windshields and some of their crappy fluid gets squirted onto my windshield.

Back