Window Tint

SkinnyJoint

Contributor
:
02.5 MP5
hey guys im getting my p5 wednesday hopefully and im just wondering. how much does tint usually run? id like to get all 4 windows, hatch and a nice black across the top windshield.

also what is the lowest allowed for fl? i heard 20 in front and 10 in back so can neone confirm?

It usually runs around $250 for a good job.

Don't live in Florida but here in MA its 35% all around.

I got 20% all around for $200. Getting the same % all around looks SO much better IMO. You can get LLumar for less than what I paid, but the 3M Scotchtint is the best around (non-metallic so it won't interfere with cell phones, GPS, or satellite radio; never fades or discolors). The guy also spent 6 hours installing my tint to make sure it was perfect. One little tip...DON'T use the rear defrost after you get it done. It is hard enough to make the tint stick over our thick defroster lines & this will only cause the gapping to get bigger.

If you're in Orlando or south FL, I can recommend a tint installer.

alright kool 250 i can do that. is 35 that dark cuz in the back i would like it dark.

"blowin on that indo, gamecube nintendo, 5% tint so u cant see up in my window" :)

legel is 28% in the fronts and the backs dont matter. I have 5% all around and ive never been bothered. I went to the swap shop on sunrise got lumar for 75 bucks all around. My friend wasnt paying attention when i first got it and rolled the window down and i got a lil peel from that other then that no problems.

mine was 155 with 15% all over and a 5% strip on the windshield. but you have a couple more windows than me.
if you can get a warranty, especially with the fl sun.

I went pretty dark. You can get away with just about anything in Idaho. No emissions either.(wiggle) .

Attachments

• car.JPG
    car.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,156
so i can prolly get it done for 200 or so?
im thinking 10% all the way around? but is that 2 dark at night or what? cuz ima need to see at night lol. but yea so everyonthinks it looks better one % all the way around

I found 20% to be awesome...dark during the day(would be alot darker with 5% strip on windhseild) and not too dark at night not to see...that was on my P5..I only have 35% on my current one, but thats with a mirrored finish, so it reflects alot of light. Meh, I don't think you should go darker than 15% if you like to see anything more than a faint glow from a headlight directly into the window..otherwise, you'r blind

10% is great only time i have a problem is when backing out of dark parking lots i have to roll my windows down.

20% all around is perfect IMO...dark enough to look good, not too dark that you can't see anything at night. Safety is more important than appearance.

i like staring at other people at red lights. i get pissed when they have tint, b/c its like i wasted my money and i cant watch them pick their noses and stuff. (lol2)

mine was $230 20% all around and he did 5% on the sunroof for free....and in chicago drive and passenger windows are illegal lol but oh well got em anyways

so what about 15 all the way around and then a 5 strip on the front windshield? would that look ok as far as matching

SkinnyJoint said:
so what about 15 all the way around and then a 5 strip on the front windshield? would that look ok as far as matching

IMG_0715small.jpg

thats 15 all around with 5% strip. (not very visible in the pic)

SenorCorwin said:
**** apperance i just dont like people looking in... esp if there is something burning...
That sounds like a great safety feature to me! I have 30/15 + 5% strip on mine and cost about $185... looks great day or night with the black/white high contrast look...I don't spend too much time on the outside of my car so the matching thing doesn't phase me as much

SenorCorwin said:
My friend wasnt paying attention when i first got it and rolled the window down and i got a lil peel from that other then that no problems.
When I have tint applied, I always use the window lock button...still, doesn't stop my natural instinct to crack the driver's side window for a ciggie.

i dont know the percentages all i know is i got dark as legal all the way around (which made the driver and passenger windows a little lighter then the rest, and a strip in the front for $140 with lifetime warranty.

Back