will speed3 rims fit my sedan isport?

Im looking to get speed3 rims on my 2011 isport sedan, however I'm not really sure if it would fit perfectly without rubbing. I didn't get any springs so its not lowered. Should i get speed3 or stock rx-8 rims?

they'll fit. i run 225/40/18's with a 1 inch drop on my i sport sedan with no rubbing, so you should be solid. if i remember right, its the same size at the speed3 stock rims. i love the new speed 3 rims but the rx-8 rims are easier to clean lol

Okay thank you! I was thinking just because of such width difference it probably wouldnt fit. Yeah speed3 is 18x7.5 they are both 18's but not sure about the width of rx8 ones. Plus both look sick but I don't know which ones to get.

They should bolt right up, but the speedo might be a little off. I think the normal 3 sizes are 205/55/16 and 205/50/17. 225/40/18 would be the right circumference, but I think the speed3 is 215/45/18. Your gearing will be a bit taller.

Yeah I read that somewhere else too, thanks! So I would actually be going a bit faster than it shows? I know there is a website that helps to measure how much of a difference there would be if youre changing your wheels.

I got a set of 2012 mazdaspeed3 rims for my brother's 2010 mazda3 sedan. They bolted right up with no problem, I put the new and old tires side by side and they were the same overall height. No noticeable change in Speedometer readings...

You done this yet? Pictures? I've got a set in the garage, but the car is brand new. I'm going to run the stock set up until I need tires, then I'll install the speed 3 rims. Temptation is getting the better of me though...

theres like a negative 1-2 mph change at 60mph. thats it, nothing i noticed. When i did the change, i ran the car past a radar post and it read what my speedometer read at 50.

Changing the programmable parameters, you can set your car up for 18" wheels with 225/40/18 set up. Or was it 225/45/18, I don't remember. Should alleviate any problems with your speedometer being off.

Wouldn't lower profile tires help compensate for the change in wheels? 25mm = about 1in.

Or you could just change the tire size to a preset value like I mentioned...The proper way :)

Back