Will it fit?

H3br3w_Ham3r

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
I need to know if I can fit 17x9 (any offset) with 255 tires on my speed3 with rolled lips and very stiff suspension.... can it be done?

It'll fit, just make sure those rear fenders are rolled/pulled. 17x9 +45 will fit, maybe a 5mm spacer upfront needed.

It'll fit, just make sure those rear fenders are rolled/pulled. 17x9 +45 will fit, maybe a 5mm spacer upfront needed.

By the racing rules that I am going by..... We are not allowed to "pull" the fenders. We are only allowed to roll the lip or modify the wheel well to gain clearance.

Then you're going to have to roll the rear fenders and see if you rub. With a 1" drop, you should be fine. People running 17x9 +45 with 255/40 tires that I've seen are usually about a finger gap all around and rub a little under hard compression. I'm running 18x8.5 +45 with 245/40 tires and don't rub after I grinded down/shaved all that extra stuff under the fender/numpber that sticks out. I'm also a good .5" wheel gap all around and run around -2 camber in the rear. Even with the car loaded with people and no wheel gap, no rub.

Then you're going to have to roll the rear fenders and see if you rub. With a 1" drop, you should be fine. People running 17x9 +45 with 255/40 tires that I've seen are usually about a finger gap all around and rub a little under hard compression. I'm running 18x8.5 +45 with 245/40 tires and don't rub after I grinded down/shaved all that extra stuff under the fender/numpber that sticks out. I'm also a good .5" wheel gap all around and run around -2 camber in the rear. Even with the car loaded with people and no wheel gap, no rub.

I'm not really looking to slam the car. I just want to know if it can fit for racing purposes.... If it can fit and the car sits a little high who cares. I just want grip lol

You'll be fine then. I was just letting you know. LOL. What are you on, Koni Yellow's and stock or aftermarket springs?

You'll be fine then. I was just letting you know. LOL. What are you on, Koni Yellow's and stock or aftermarket springs?

I'm currently on Koni yellows for the stock class. But if the Speed3 gets aproved for STX I can do coils. I've been on BC coils before but I will probably go a more performance oriented route next time.

What's wrong with STU? Isn't that where the Speed3 with coils would fall currently?

What's wrong with STU? Isn't that where the Speed3 with coils would fall currently?

The problem with STU is all the Evos and STIs lol. The speed3 might get reclassed to STX for next year. Keep an eye on the Fast Track notes!

STX vs the WRX makes more sense for the MS3 anyways. But would it be able to win in STX?

STX vs the WRX makes more sense for the MS3 anyways. But would it be able to win in STX?

We would be allowed wider tires and weigh less than the newer WRX's and have more power than the older ones. With the right driver and suspension setup.... Yes it could win.

Back