Will it fit? 18x10.5

Ninkumpoop

:
2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
I won't be getting these for some time (prob half a year or so) but since I started the research, I thought I might as well find out as much as I can about it before I grow tired of looking up the info.

I'm trying to put 18x10.5" on my '09 Speed3. I found one with +0 offset and another with +15. I know it'll stick out but I should have the money for overfenders, the wheels, and Koni shocks by the end of the year. So I have 3 questions:
1. will these offsets fit on my car?
2. how high of an offset can I go without hitting anything on the inside?
3. how will the offset affect my handling?

Last edited:
ok, im not sure if its a typo in #1, but offset is singular, no S lol

and the lower the offset, the more of a lever effect you get on the spindle, meaning your going to feel more of the road inside the car. Not really a bad thing, i guess it depends on your preferences. I would talk to sumthaiguy, he knows alot about what size wheel will fit on a MS3, i think hes running a 10.5" in the back right now actually...not too sure though.
would def look hot

Just trying to fit some wide wheels on simply for the look. Looking to put on 265 or 275 tires once I get all of this. But like I said, it'll be a long while before I get all of this. Just getting my info put together early on while my enthusiasm could get the better of me.

You can run a 10.5" wide wheel with +25 offset. You are going to rub bad with a 265 or 275 with tire, even rolled in the rear. I can seen a 18x9.5 +35 or +30 wheel with 275/35's up front without rubbing, but run the same in there rear, it's going to stick out a good 1.5".

You can run a 10.5" wide wheel with +25 offset. You are going to rub bad with a 265 or 275 with tire, even rolled in the rear. I can seen a 18x9.5 +35 or +30 wheel with 275/35's up front without rubbing, but run the same in there rear, it's going to stick out a good 1.5".

As I've said before, I'll be putting on overfenders as well. I've been told it extends out an additional 1.5" or so. Exact measurements haven't been made as of yet.

18 x 10.5s

You need to trade-in your MS3 for a truck. Flared fender wells and suspension mods to run those wheels and tires will cost alot of money if you plan on driving it on a regular basis.

I know we all have a vision for the potential and look of our cars but perhps searching concept vehicles or talking with car designers can help. You have Foose and West Coast Customs down there don't ya?
Good luck!

Whoah, that is a wide tread pattern. 265(mm) = 10.4 inch tread width and 275(mm) = 10.8 inch tread width. Why so wide? I though 205 on my wheels DD were wide and its a 15 in 50 series.

Another question, what series are these tires? You will have to take into consideration how much you will be able to steer with such a wide tire let alone rubbing like a mofo. Fender flares dont do anything to help you for this. You need to take your ride in to a wheel shop so the can measure your inside fender to see what the maximum width/size it will allow to accept.

Gusto, just dont run a staggard wheels size on your setup. It will mess with the AWD.

If i am not wrong Stock wheels are 18x7.5.. So a 18x10 rim is going to be 2.5 inches wider which will need at least 255mm wide tire.It will accelerate slower and brake slower because of the significant extra-weight in the wheels, suspension and other parts of the drive train will comparatively wear sooner..

Back