Will 215/45Z R18 (From '06 Mazda 6S) Fit My 2008 Mazda5?

Philamania

:
2008 Mazda5 GT

Attachments

• TIRES.jpg
    TIRES.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 213
These rims and tires ought to bolt-up just fine onto your 2008 Mazda5, with no issues in terms of the offset or the overall diamter. But, the overall diameter of this rim/tire combo is approximately half an inch larger than the 205/50/17 that came on the car. Your speedometer will read about 2-3% slower than you're actually going and your odometer will register about 2-3% fewer miles than have actually been driven.

Post #309 under wheel fitment has this pic up with 225 / 45 18. Never said if they rubbed, but the wheels do look proper on an '08!!
mazda5.jpg

Post #309 under wheel fitment has this pic up with 225 / 45 18. Never said if they rubbed, but the wheels do look proper on an '08!!
mazda5.jpg

It's my car. The only time it rubbed with those tires was when the car was fully loaded with 6 men and I drove over a speed bump. I have replaced the tires with 225/40 18 and only had a slight rub with six persons and the car fully loaded driving over a speed bump. It was really heavy loaded and the rear tires were almost at the same height as the rear fender edge.

*Edit* My rims are from a Mazda CX-7 and not a Mazda 6. I think the size is 18x7,5 et 52,5.

Last edited:
I think all OEM Mazda rims have a +52.5mm offset. If you truly want to ensure that there'll be no rubbing and you want an 18" rim, I'd buy an aftermarket rim with a +45mm offset or less. Half of your increase in tire section-width on your new tires will be on the inside of your rim, towards your suspension. If you're going from a 205 to a 225, with same 52.5mm offset, then 10mm (nearly half an inch) of your tire width increase will be towards your suspension with a greater chance of rubbage. That being said, the CX-7 rims do look nice on the 2008 Mazda5.

I think all OEM Mazda rims have a +52.5mm offset. If you truly want to ensure that there'll be no rubbing and you want an 18" rim, I'd buy an aftermarket rim with a +45mm offset or less. Half of your increase in tire section-width on your new tires will be on the inside of your rim, towards your suspension. If you're going from a 205 to a 225, with same 52.5mm offset, then 10mm (nearly half an inch) of your tire width increase will be towards your suspension with a greater chance of rubbage. That being said, the CX-7 rims do look nice on the 2008 Mazda5.

The CX-7 rim has enough margin to the suspension. I have even tried to fit a 2011 Mazda 6, 18x7,5 inch rim with as high offset as 60 and it fitted in front. There wasn't many mm left to the strut but the wheel rotated without any problems. The tire was 225/45 18 and it didn't rub. I'm not sure how well it works when the car is loaded and the wheel is fully turned to one side or the other. (Sorry for my "swenglish")

Back