Wife's new baby

Thanks Nate....I think I have some at home but will have to post them up later.

And if my son had his way she would have gotten a Celesstial Blue....he's 9 and says that a CB 3 will be his first car. :D

Way to start them off right, get them wanting a Mazda!

Looking good. You need to work on Tamz some more, tell her how much better fuel economy she'll get if the car can breathe better!

Thanks Nate....I think I have some at home but will have to post them up later.

And if my son had his way she would have gotten a Celesstial Blue....he's 9 and says that a CB 3 will be his first car. :D
I'll keep that in mind if I still have the car 7 years from now. Only put about 10k miles per year so should have about 70k on it :)

Way to start them off right, get them wanting a Mazda!

Looking good. You need to work on Tamz some more, tell her how much better fuel economy she'll get if the car can breathe better!

hahahaha doing my best to teach them right. ;)

As for Tamz...I'm still working but it's going to be a long road and yes I have told her of the benefits of fuel economy. lol

I'll keep that in mind if I still have the car 7 years from now. Only put about 10k miles per year so should have about 70k on it :)

(2thumbs) Sweet! I figured that in 7yrs this would be a perfect/close-to-perfect first car for him. lol

Nate, this is the only angle shot I have after mounting the RX8 wheels. Next time I get the car cleaned up I'll have to take some.

Blue-RX-8Wheels5.jpg

Finally....confirmed that the MB wheels will fit the 3...so the wife has made it clear that she wants to use those for winter and sell off the stock wheels.

I also just placed an order for some Kumho KW22 snow tires from DTD. I'll get them mounted up and she'll be good to go way in advance of the upcoming winter season.

Last edited:
Finally....confirmed that the MB wheels will fit the 3...so the wife has made it clear that she wants to use those for summer and sell off the stock wheels.

I also just placed an order for some Kumho KW22 snow tires from DTD. I'll get them mounted up and she'll be good to go way in advance of the upcoming winter season.

MB wheels? picture?

Here's some pics of them....they are MB Seven X (16x7 +45) and were initially used as a winter set for the MPV. They'll now be used for winter on Blue. The tires should be hitting my desk any minute now. :)

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Nice, They look really clean! so the RX8s will be winter wheelz? thats not a bad gig.

They should...they have less than 700 miles on them. I installed them on the MPV on 1/12/10 and we traded the MPV in on 2/12/2010. lol

And I goofed....she loves the RX8 wheels and wants to run those for summer so the MB's will see the winter duty.

Congrats! Shes a beaut!

Thanks!

Snow tires just arrived. I'll get them mounted on the wheels in the next few weeks. Bring on the white stuff!

Attachments

• kw22.jpg
    kw22.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 238
  • kw221.jpg
    kw221.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 232
what kinda tires are those? The tread looks more insane than my Blizzak snow tires.

They are Kumho KW22's. We had the same tires on the wife's MPV for one month and she loved them and insisted that I buy the same for the 3.

One of the things that I like about them is that they are a true snow tire, in the sense that they used the same compound throughout the tire. So it will provide the same performance throughout tread life vs becoming an 'all-season' with around 50% tread life as the Blizzaks and Dunlops do.

Swapped the front and rear amber turn signals for chrome dipped bulbs from Xenonmods. Looks so much better w/o that fried egg look.

They are Kumho KW22's. We had the same tires on the wife's MPV for one month and she loved them and insisted that I buy the same for the 3.

One of the things that I like about them is that they are a true snow tire, in the sense that they used the same compound throughout the tire. So it will provide the same performance throughout tread life vs becoming an 'all-season' with around 50% tread life as the Blizzaks and Dunlops do.

I have to agree, I live in northern IL and snow tires are a must for this car, not all season tires. I will have to look into those after the Blizzaks run down.

That's why I don't record our mileage. We do so much city driving I doubt ours would even be that good...

Sucks dude, i can get 30 in the city in the 6 lol.

The city around here is awesome, not to many lights, no traffic at all :)

but when i go to Orlando, it goes way down the drain lol.

Yea, cruising around at 45 mph isn't exactly city driving, even if you are technically "in the city" ;)

Back