Interior lights.

High beam indicator.

Outside air temperature indicator.

What stays on when it should be off:

Power steering light.

Stability control light.

Headlights "On" indicator light.

Any ideas? (uhm)

I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow if no one has a simple answer.

I feel frustrated; I expect 100% reliability and durability from a new vehicle. Things happen, though, and I'm far from ready to condemn the manufacturer.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

bad ecu is the only real thing that would involve all that....sounds like it could be fried

edit: or ya got some (or alot) of wires that have fried and shorted each other out

My SO delivered the car to the dealer for repair. On the way, she told me later, the A/C blew only hot air. Somewhere there's a thread on that....

There is a recall to install a wire harness in an area where the wires could be damaged. You might look at this as an area of concern if your car has not been updated for this.

There are two stickers on the firewall attesting to completion of "campaigns." I think that means these TSBs have been completed.

The dealer called and the car is fixed. I did not take the phone call, but a single sensor was the cause. IIRC, the sensor in the bumper that fires the air bag(s) has reportedly caused some issues. I will post an accurate report when I get the paper work in the mail. Hopefully that will help manufacturer and owners alike.

In any case, the car failed Wednesday evening, the dealer was notified on Thursday and the car was taken in, the car was ready for pick up late Friday. That's not bad in my opinion.

The problem was the body control module. Cost was no charge.

It feels great to have the car back. :)

Back