Why all the hate for the BOSE in the MS3 GT?

94jedi

:
98 Audi A4 1.8T t3/t4 Stg 3
I've been into car audio and modifying cars for about 15 years now (used to be MECP cert) so I know a good system when I hear one....

The BOSE is fairly decent as far as upgraded OEM systems go. sure it lacks some bottom end grunt but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a single 8 or 10" sub. for the price of the car and the overall value, I think the BOSE stereo is great. I guess if you're looking for window shattering bass then it leaves alot to be desired but if you want clean clean crisp sound and don't want to hassle with aftermarket components, the BOSE seems to do the job just fine.

Am I missing something? seems like all the data on BOSE is negative.

agreed
all the bose negativity stems from people's past experience with stock bose systems in *other* cars, and they're right for the most part.... the ones in many cars are s***

I am very happy with my sp23's bose system (it's basically the same)... it's not the ultimate system out there but it's good enough for people like me who don't want to dick with aftermarket bulls***, especially since getting an aftermarket headunit to work with the 3 is a b**** to begin with!

I dont think its very crisp myself. Im quite disappointed with the Bose... The bass isnt earth shattering, youre right, but its far from tight either. Im not into ther boom boom, but i like to feel tight bass with my music.

The Mach system in my SVT focus sounded much better and was less money. I went to a stereo shop last week.. Its going to cost $700 to do the subs with amp and links... They did a mock up in the car for me and though the bass is nice and tight now, im going to have to replace the speakers now. Im getting some Focal seperates for the fronts and Focal coaxials for the rear doors.

Does anyone have a problem with their sirius cutting out on them while driving?

Haltech said:
I dont think its very crisp myself. Im quite disappointed with the Bose... The bass isnt earth shattering, youre right, but its far from tight either. Im not into ther boom boom, but i like to feel tight bass with my music.

The Mach system in my SVT focus sounded much better and was less money. I went to a stereo shop last week.. Its going to cost $700 to do the subs with amp and links... They did a mock up in the car for me and though the bass is nice and tight now, im going to have to replace the speakers now. Im getting some Focal seperates for the fronts and Focal coaxials for the rear doors.

Does anyone have a problem with their sirius cutting out on them while driving?
my friend has a mach system in his 01 bullit mustang and the 6x9's have individual amplifiers maybe that makes the difference with low bass but im not sure if the bose has 1 amp per speaker..my bose is good and after i installed my after market radio it sounds really nice and bangs harder

the old Mach 460 and new Shaker systems 500/1000 are very nice for sure. I think the BOSE will be fine for me...maybe I'll add a small sub later at the most.

I love my Bose and with a CD it sounds bitchin with plenty of base for me. However for some reason on the Sirius the base sounds bad and not nearly as good but the clarity is there. I was at the dealer today showing off my Bose system and had to use a CD to do this and since I havent done that in a while I was amazed at the qulity difference and it sounded very nice.

clos561 said:
i just farted(yippy)

That would have been shattering with the right sound system!!

Seriously, I have no problem with mine. Sounds much better than the Rockford system that is in my son's Galant Ralliart IMHO.

the bose system is the reason i didnt get a GT. i listened to it and everything sounded mudded together.

clos561 said:
u got 272 hp on stock ms3? wierd

thats gotta be at the crank or the type of dyno he was on....I forgot specifically how different dynos compare but there are some that dont give realistic numbers at....

I kinda want to put an extra sub in there...no more then a 10 just to get some extra base. what would be best to get, i think i would like to get JL this time cause i want the best SQ out of the base. So what would be a good Amp for this and the best way to wire it?

07speed3 said:
I kinda want to put an extra sub in there...no more then a 10 just to get some extra base. what would be best to get, i think i would like to get JL this time cause i want the best SQ out of the base. So what would be a good Amp for this and the best way to wire it?

Im actually going to go with the Kenwoods that are shallow. I need some of that space back there to put my gear.So for me, the shallow subs work great since it reduces the enclosure size greatly. If i wanted some serious bass and enclosure size wasnt a problem, JL all the way.

you could use a "free-air" sub and use the whole hatch as your enclosure. Basically you put a nice 10 into the hatch cover (reinforce) the bottom with fiberglass and resin and maybe an MDF ring, then put some weather striping around the edge of the hatch cover so that when you close it, it seals the hatch area. presto-free air sub.

94jedi said:
you could use a "free-air" sub and use the whole hatch as your enclosure. Basically you put a nice 10 into the hatch cover (reinforce) the bottom with fiberglass and resin and maybe an MDF ring, then put some weather striping around the edge of the hatch cover so that when you close it, it seals the hatch area. presto-free air sub.

thats a cool idea but i think that would get in the way considering i have to take that out sometimes.

im pretty happy with the bose in the ms3...

it is a decent upgrade to the non-bose... and it isnt that much extra considering everything else you get with the GT package...

i was big into car audio with my truck, and somewhat with my audi... but im out of it now, so this bose does just fine...

Back