Who's running Bilstein shocks/struts?

Well crappy dampers can be rough on rough roads also because they don't have anothe dampning to control the suspension and the whole car just skips around. This doesn't happen with the Bils. You feel the bumps, but there is no skipping around as the car rides on stiff springs with little dampning like with the OE dampers.

Just curious to know how they are with different spring set ups. Funny thing is Im going to be getting rid of these coilovers to possibly someone on these forums, and may be switching to Konis/H&RS. My daily commute is getting a bit harsh with these coils, I-5 sucks here in my neck of the woods. Plus wifes complaining haha.

Old post but I thought I'd comment. Issue is not the damping; it's the suspension travel. Like me, your car is most likely making contact with the bump stops over concrete dividers, potholes, and other moderate deviations in the road. I'm dropped 1.8" in front and 1.6" in the back, and had to trim my bump stops to get sufficient travel in the rear. If you haven't already, try raising the car to the top of the adjustment range in front and 1/4" below the top adjustment in back. That should put you at about a 1" drop all around. If it's still too harsh, Yellows most likely aren't going to improve your ride quality much (if at all).

JMHO.

Last edited:
I responded to your other post on the other thread Design, thanks again for the suggestions. I'll give a review once I get this set up running. Not going to lie though... H&R's really make this car handle amazing, and I have been in other more than capable cars. Ill definitely be the guinea pig switching to this set up from the coils. If worse comes to worse, ill just sell whatever set up and take the loss (doh)

Back