Who has the most mileage on the 5?

MD5

:
06 Carbon Gray Touring 5
I'm currently at 101,600 miles (not those wimpy kilometers).

Post up your 100k + mileage numbers.

My question is who has the most miles and how long has it taken you to get there?

My 2010 5 is 7 months old and is at 31,540 miles. (boom06)

Every time I take it in for an oil change (once a month and I change at 5k) the service manager gets out of the 5 after reading the mileage shaking his head and muttering :D

My question is who has the most miles and how long has it taken you to get there?

My 2010 5 is 7 months old and is at 31,540 miles. (boom06)

Every time I take it in for an oil change (once a month and I change at 5k) the service manager gets out of the 5 after reading the mileage shaking his head and muttering :D

This is a "most mileage" thread, not a "I've only got 31k miles" thread! :D

My question to you is, why don't you change it yourself, and WTH are you doing to put 5k a month on a car????

Don't have the time nor the room to do it myself, and I use the 5 as my service van. I didn't want a full sized van as the gas mileage would kill me and I wasn't about to spend $30k on an overpriced Honda or Toyota.

Besides, the 5 is just the right size to hold all my tools (once you yank out the middle and rear seats) and pick up the occasional smaller project for the shop.

Don't have the time nor the room to do it myself, and I use the 5 as my service van. I didn't want a full sized van as the gas mileage would kill me and I wasn't about to spend $30k on an overpriced Honda or Toyota.

Besides, the 5 is just the right size to hold all my tools (once you yank out the middle and rear seats) and pick up the occasional smaller project for the shop.

Crap, I'd think if you have time to wait at the stealership, you have time to do it at home. I've done it at home for the last umpteen years. I take the old oil to Walmart and recycle it.

Have 118,000 on my 06 Touring.

Dang...

My oldest son will be 15 in Ocotober. My plan is to hand the car down to him for his first car. He's not too enthused about getting a "mini van" as his first car, but it is still in GREAT shape, has been meticulously maintained, and is very practical (he can fit his hockey gear in it easily), and gets good gas mileage (since I'll be paying for it). It's also a very safe car.

I hope to get at least 225k out of her.

Dang...

My oldest son will be 15 in Ocotober. My plan is to hand the car down to him for his first car. He's not too enthused about getting a "mini van" as his first car, but it is still in GREAT shape, has been meticulously maintained, and is very practical (he can fit his hockey gear in it easily), and gets good gas mileage (since I'll be paying for it). It's also a very safe car.

I hope to get at least 225k out of her.

Not if you give it to a teen! (crazy)

...Besides, the 5 is just the right size to hold all my tools (once you yank out the middle and rear seats) and pick up the occasional smaller project for the shop.
Did you put down a board to level the back, or do you just put the tools around the bulges on the floor (when the seats are removed)?

And with regard to the oil changes, you can do it quicker yourself once you take into account the time it takes to go to and from the oil change place, plus waiting time at the oil change place. I was buying some oil at Wal-Mart the other day and heard the service manager telling somebody that it was a 2.5 hour wait for an oil change. But the main reason why I do my own oil changes is that I know what's going in the engine, I know what filter is being put on, and I have a chance to see the bottom of the engine to make sure everything is looking allright (no ripped boots, etc). Plus I know that the splash guard was put back on correctly.

Last edited:
I made a platform to fit over the spare tire. It's nice because I gained about 8 inches in height so I can put taller items in the back like a chair, chest of drawers, etc.

Back