Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

New 2016 CX-5 Owners: Does the 2016's acceleration feel markedly slower than that of earlier CX-5s? Thanks.

I have test drove the 2016 Mazda CX-5 twice and thought the acceleration was the exact same. The sport mode is just crazy, lol. By the way check out other post about what you don't like about the 2016 Mazda CX-5. I found the new headrests to be a big problem.

Oh wait, that amount doesn't include taxes. I guess it actually comes out closer to 45K. My lease payments - taxes included, over 36 months, are still about 40$ cheaper than MSRP.

Oh wait, that amount doesn't include taxes. I guess it actually comes out closer to 45K. My lease payments - taxes included, over 36 months, are still about 40$ cheaper than MSRP.

Oh ok, that makes more sense now. I just noticed you are from Montreal, you guys pay more taxes there compared to here in Ontario.

So I did get a chance to sit in a '16 Touring yesterday for a few minutes and start it..Unfortunately I couldn't test drive it as we were blocked in by other CX-5's and I assume they weren't really ready to sell the 2016's yet. I like the front driver side seat, it was comfortable at least for the few minutes I was in it. Thought the touring had heated seats but I guess not. They are nice but I'll have to do without them because I cannot justify spending $375+/monthly on a car lease. Trying to keep the payment around $250/month. Anyways I signed up about 2 weeks ago for the email updates on the Mazda website. Today they emailed me to take a test drive and receive a $25 gift card so at least the ball is rolling in the right direction. It is kind of odd that the dealership I visited did not have any brochures or more info on leasing/buying and that you can't yet build the car on the U.S. websites. I suppose they are still trying to push out the 2015's. Very interesting sales techniques Mazda has going on in the states.

......It is kind of odd that the dealership I visited did not have any brochures or more info on leasing/buying and that you can't yet build the car on the U.S. websites. I suppose they are still trying to push out the 2015's. Very interesting sales techniques Mazda has going on in the states.

I thought so too. I got a huge multi-fold mailer a couple weeks ago. It had the $25 test drive coupon. It also has a $1,000 off a new 2016, but expires the end of next month. Still can't build a car online and no dealerships 'officially' have any cars. A few lots have them on-line, but no final pricing and you can't check the features because when you click them, the Mazda site won't kick back the items from the VIN.
I have noticed the 2015 inventory reported by the website is dropping. It usually is ~120 cars within 50 miles. Now it is 60 2015 CX-5's. Odd.

I thought so too. I got a huge multi-fold mailer a couple weeks ago. It had the $25 test drive coupon. It also has a $1,000 off a new 2016, but expires the end of next month.

That's funny $1,000 off? The guy told me there were no incentives on the 2016, only on the 2015. And like I said he kept trying to push me towards the 15. I kept saying I'll wait. I'll wait for a sale or something. A sale will happen on any of the holidays coming up such as memorial day weekend, 4th July and things of that nature. I'd rather not wait that long but will hold out if need be.

On the other note like I said the man claimed there were no incentives... There may not be at that dealer or he may also be clueless to anything because he couldn't even give me a brochure (not that I need one).

I actually just re-read the email to see if maybe it also included the $1,000 incentive. Only to realize the email I got from Mazda is all about a 2015 CX-5. Thank you but no thank you Mazda.(yupnope)

I actually just re-read the email to see if maybe it also included the $1,000 incentive. Only to realize the email I got from Mazda is all about a 2015 CX-5. Thank you but no thank you Mazda.(yupnope)

@Conn

There are no public incentives on 2016 CX-5 right now, your dealer is correct. The $1000 owner loyalty offer was sent out to current Mazda owners as a private incentive. If you did not receive this offer from Mazda, the dealer cannot let you use it. It's not their $1,000 to give.

Also, most dealers have not received brochures yet.

Last edited:
Ah I figured it might have been a customer loyalty thing. Oh well for me the wait will stay in place for now.(yawn)

2015-02-10 20.57.18.jpg

I hope the picture link works!!

Anyways here is my brand new 2015 (2016 for the US) Australian Mazda CX-5.

Soul Red with White Leather interior, Akera model (same at the US Grand Touring Model + Tech Package)

Took a couple of days driving it for it to really Zoom Zoom, that was to be expected. After i took it on a nice 3hr Highway drive, the next day my car drove like a lil beauty. I love driving it!!

I wanted the darkest legal tinting on the windows, however i dont think i got that, so eventually i'll look at going to another tinting place to go darker so you cant really see into the car.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, im more than happy to answer, i love my new car :)

Last edited:
Anyways here is my brand new 2015 (2016 for the US) Australian Mazda CX-5.

Soul Red with White Leather interior, Akera model (same at the US Grand Touring Model + Tech Package)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, im more than happy to answer, i love my new car :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I just got the same one with black interior. Love the grill/wheel combo!

So I just put her through the paces a bit. ion at the beginning/end of the road depending on which way you are going. Anyways I got loose on that road tonight. Now I've been driving pick up trucks almost all my life and I'm 44.

All I can say is that this CX-5 was a BLAST on that road! My wife said She felt like she was 20 again. I was hugging those curves, crossing over lanes, gunning it on the straight aways etc...I was pushing the limits of my driving ability which I'm sure isn't much but I was coasting in to curves, accelerating half way through etc...Anyway I never anticipated an SUV could handle like that, although I admittedly have little to compare it to..[/QUOTE

I gotta ask the question. Is this good for the car? With under 500 miles and loaded with break in fluid I know you should vary speed but sound like you took a whip to her. And I'm not talking about after you put the seats down. 😄. Sounded like fun but had to ask.

Back