Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

Nice, thanks for posting the link. It is nice to finally see some type of official price list come out. It also says in the article that the AWD system has been updated.. Does anyone have any more info on the updates to the AWD or has anyone heard of anything new regarding that?

Thanks for the support man. I'm just a little leery thinking if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. I asked him if I could get an email with his quote alongside the vin. He read me the vin which matches a unit on their lot but declined to send an email b/c he "doesn't want a paper trail" since he is giving me employee pricing. The one thing I could see him saying when I show up is that the quote did not include destination which is like $900. If he tries to pull that though I want him to say it to my face. It's a 40 min drive so a potential of 1 1/2 of wasted time but I figure it's worth it on the chance I can actually get this thing under invoice!

His reluctance to attach it to a VIN sounds kinda sketchy to me.

You could ask for the final out-the-door price to be sent to you. All taxes and fees included. Maybe that will help. Otherwise they could add regional fees, destination fee, the tank of fuel, and the tax/title fees to the quote that he gave you.

Or check with another dealer or two to see if they would do the same price with a VIN attached to the email quote.

Was driving home from work today and saw a truck carrying several 2016 Mazda CX-5s. I only knew because they had the darker colored rim that is found on the 2016. Really interested ditching my Elantra and picking one of these up when they come out. Absolutely love the exterior and excited to learn they updated the interior and the infotainment system.

Anyone know of when Mazda will be including Android Auto into their cars? This is the one thing really holding me back from getting the 2016.

Last edited:
Anyone come across any pictures of the CX-5 Sport interior/dash, specifically with the manual trans. I'm finding lots of good deals on 2015 manuals, but trying to wait and see what the 2016 interior looks like before I pull the trigger. Actually prefer the 2015 exterior.

Anyone come across any pictures of the CX-5 Sport interior/dash, specifically with the manual trans. I'm finding lots of good deals on 2015 manuals, but trying to wait and see what the 2016 interior looks like before I pull the trigger. Actually prefer the 2015 exterior.

There are a lot of pictures online with photos of the interior.

At the dealership now. So far so good. Says we are close on the numbers at $32,342 OTD. $29,674 + 2,668 TTL. One big problem though. Says the "internet" is down for all dealerships owned by this dealer. Can't print a contract. Seems legit though. Even parts department is down. We'll see what happens....

I think the changes may force me to pull the trigger on the 15. At least I know I can aftermarket the audio if need be, not to mention I prefer the Liquid Silver to whatever they call the replacement (looks like Honda Alabaster Silver). Where are you locating these deals on '15 manuals?

So the salesman comes out and he's dumbfounded to find out that the 2016 CX-5 is NOT ELIGIBLE for employee discount. Surprise, surprise. They even show me an official looking document that proclaims as much. I'm quick to inform him that I was at another dealership recently and inquired about a 2016 GT and was told that an employee had bought it that day (true story btw). I said I highly doubted the employee paid full price. They started hemming and hawing and eventually came back with an offer of 30,200. I balked and currently the salesman is trying to get an "exception" because they are a "gold star" dealer. To be continued....

At least I know I can aftermarket the audio if need be, not to mention

I never really thought about that but in the future that may likely be a pro of the system. Considering CAN Bus security is currently pretty weak or non-existent in cars (soon to be hardened quite a bit) I wonder if we will ever see an aftermarket solution for Mazda vehicle customization options in current unit? Even something that would plug into OBD-2 connector would be adequate as options aren't changed much. I could see myself swapping out in a few years if that becomes a reality.

So the salesman comes out and he's dumbfounded to find out that the 2016 CX-5 is NOT ELIGIBLE for employee discount. Surprise, surprise. They even show me an official looking document that proclaims as much. I'm quick to inform him that I was at another dealership recently and inquired about a 2016 GT and was told that an employee had bought it that day (true story btw). I said I highly doubted the employee paid full price. They started hemming and hawing and eventually came back with an offer of 30,200. I balked and currently the salesman is trying to get an "exception" because they are a "gold star" dealer. To be continued....

I'm curious, if that is the case, how did he come up with that employee price for that particular car?

I think the changes may force me to pull the trigger on the 15. At least I know I can aftermarket the audio if need be, not to mention I prefer the Liquid Silver to whatever they call the replacement (looks like Honda Alabaster Silver). Where are you locating these deals on '15 manuals?

Central Wisconsin.

I'm curious, if that is the case, how did he come up with that employee price for that particular car?

I don't know but he showed me a document that showed the price he quoted me, the "eplan" price and also listed the invoice. It also said the vehicle did not qualify for the e-plan price. It said a bunch of other stuff as well but I didn't read it cuz I was pretty hot. In retrospect I should have. Anyway I ended up walking away, at least for now. Supposedly they are working with corporate to get an exception and give it to me at the quoted price and on top of that their intranet wasn't working anyway so he couldn't even print up a contract. I would call b.s. but in a way it all seemed legit. I guess that's why they are pro's. They make it all seem legit. Anyway we agreed to talk again tomorrow so once again, to be continued....

to be continued....

The tactic of quoting a great price and then "discovering" at the last minute that certain discounts don't apply is a pretty old, tried-and-true tactic to get people in the showroom door. Hope you're the exception.

I don't know but he sI would call b.s. but in a way it all seemed legit. I guess that's why they are pro's. They make it all seem legit. Anyway we agreed to talk again tomorrow so once again, to be continued....

What?!? I'd be furious. Who are these clowns!? That's a lot of wasted time. They didn't "find it" til you were there!? It wasnt like it just came up, they had talked to you yesterday right? Its like they plan and rehearse this over and over with every customer. And we just walk into it. I really don't look forward to going in just based on that.

We are considering the Costco or USAA auto buying programs just to avoid that technique but have to wait until they are listed and the discount is more than a few hundred.

I hope you end up getting the original deal.

Yeah it was a major bummer for sure. I've emailed all the local dealers that if they can get me the car I want under $30,000 then I'm ready to buy today. If not, I can wait for prices to come down. $29,999 I can live with but $30,000 is just too much ;)

And so round two commences. Salesman called this morning and says he got the price he originally quoted me, $29,674 + TTL and $85 doc fee. It's an hour drive and he knows that so hopefully they don't try to jerk me around again when I get there. We'll see....

I kicked this same idea around too. REALLY like the Liquid Silver vs the faded looking silver on the 2016's. Waiting to see what it looks like on the CX-5 but I'm hoping it's not too bad verses buying a color I really liked. Decision is which is more important.. The color on the outside or the upgrades on the inside. For 30K plus you think you could have both..

Back