Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

Sirius?

No liquid silver for 16. No vehicles have been released in the U.S. yet. Dealerships are all saying 1 to 2 weeks. I have spoke with 3 different ones across the country. My dealer buddy has not heard back from North American rep to whether they are going to hold or release the 16's when they hit the ports. Prices I gave were for GT AWD model.
GT FWD 29,100
Touring FWD 26,095
Sport FWD w/2.5L 24,075
Sport FWD w/ 2.0 L 22,675
Sport AWD 25,325
Touring AWD 27,345

Anybody know if the GT AWD will include Sirius or is their a special package for that?

Picked up my new '15 CX-5 GS at the dealer today here in Canada - he said all of the dealerships in this area received exactly one '16 CX-5 all in the same colour (Titanium Flash) in the GT trim with Tech and I-Active packages - they are not negotiating on the price at all until March 15, and the out the door price after Dest/Deliv, 13% HST tax, etc is basically a flat even $45,000 CDN. My '15 GS was a full $10K less out the door - fine by me. He said their first full shipment won't be in until sometime in March (2 GT's, 4 GS (2 premium), and 2 GX).

Picked up my new '15 CX-5 GS at the dealer today here in Canada - he said all of the dealerships in this area received exactly one '16 CX-5 all in the same colour (Titanium Flash) in the GT trim with Tech and I-Active packages - they are not negotiating on the price at all until March 15, and the out the door price after Dest/Deliv, 13% HST tax, etc is basically a flat even $45,000 CDN. My '15 GS was a full $10K less out the door - fine by me. He said their first full shipment won't be in until sometime in March (2 GT's, 4 GS (2 premium), and 2 GX).

That's bad news..

That's bad news..
It made me feel a little better about pulling the trigger on my '15 - with a nice cash discount, a pretty good dealer "courtesy discount", and a few other freebies that I wanted (cargo cover and cargo tray) - I did purchase Sirius, Nav, and Remote Start though. But the last 2 weeks since I made the deal until I picked up today I kept debating "should I call and tell them I want to wait for the '16" (mostly for the new '3 style infotainment system) - but knowing I wouldn't get any discounts, my colour choices would be limited until well into spring, and if I wanted something now (which I needed well before spring - as I gave my '11 Sorento with 225,000km to the wife to replace her '04 Accord that had 443,000km and impending death) I'd have spent somewhere upwards of almost $50,000 by the time I added remote starter and a few options to that GT. Oh by the way - the Titanium Flash Mica - not really a great colour. The new blue however - same as on '15 3's - I think will be a gorgeous car.

My favorite color is gray/silver. We went with Soul Red. Seems around here that Silver and Tan are invisible to other drivers... They have to pull out in front of you!

Anyone else have this problem?

My favorite color is gray/silver. We went with Soul Red. Seems around here that Silver and Tan are invisible to other drivers... They have to pull out in front of you!

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. I love gray/silver vehicles too. But I gave them up 20 years ago because people kept pulling out right in front of me. I'm talking RIGHT in front as in full braking right now or end up in the hospital or the morgue. Problem went away when I started buying white cars. Much more safe. I wear a white motorcycle helmet for the same reason.

I would have thought the day light running lights should be seen?

Cant say as I've noticed anyone pulling out on me, even with this grey car I've got which Mazda call silver.
My two previous cars with out DDL's in silver were the same no problem with anyone pulling out.

I do seem to get a lot of tailgater though, but that's with any car I've owned.

Funnily enough my second and favourite colour is red, red is probably a sensible colour when snow is a common event, not really common in the UK, where rain is more common.

Woohoo!! Just heard my car will be in on monday. Will be able to pick it up later next week!

I like the new white back dash lighting vs the orange and non touch screen Infotainment along with the better system.
The new exterior touches are ok but not a big deal to me.

What kind of price are people trying to get? I got a quote of $32,845 plus tax and licensing for a GT Cx-5 2016 with tech and active?

Is MSRP on a fully loaded '16 GT AWD about $2K above the 15's?

MSRP on the '15s was $30,050 + $1425 for tech. This didn't include destination, taxes & other fees.

Can anyone explain to me what is included in the tech package? Also does anyone have any ideas on what the differences are with amenities/technology between Sport, Touring and GT models... Is push button start standard on all models? Heated seats and commander control as well? Will the steps in amenities mirror the 2015 year model in this aspect? Thanks in advance!

Was looking at a new 2016 model in the St. Catharines dealer showroom. None on the lot yet but got a close up look and sat in on the one on display.

Back