Which rims

mazda808

:
Mazda, Protege5
Was thinking of selling my SSR and picking up a set of MS Touring wheels if they are avaliable

Attachments

• SSR-SMC.jpg
    SSR-SMC.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 837
  • MS-Touring.jpg
    MS-Touring.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 849
Last edited:
Ok you fixed it.

I like the first ones way more. The others look like they belong on a more curvaceous car than the P5.

Last edited:
I got to see if the Mazdaspeed MS Touring wheels are even still avalible. mazda.co.jp/mazdaspeed only listed the 15 and 16 inch wheels. I saw a Rays catalog that listed the 17 inch wheels for 35000 yen. I have a local shop checking for me. But do you think that the bronze will look OK with yellow?

hmmm volk mazda rims... idk, i dont care for them... sorry. too pricey and i think for the same price u can get nicer rims, just my opinion though.

bronze on yellow? id prefer silver or gunmetal w/polished lip... or maybe bronze with a polished lip

*off topic*

what happened to u at zippys man? we didnt mean to shaft u or make u feel uncomfortable or something, sorry bout that. we were surprised u left.

peace

ohhic ic making it this sunday to the bbq?

*sorry for the thread jack*

bump!

Will try to make the bbq.

$350/rim thats not to bad. The SSRs I have now retail for about $625/rim w/o the SMC coating.

Oh and the MS Touring wheels only come in bronze. I suppose that I could have them powder coated black if I got them.

hmm....I like the first set better for style, but the chrome complements the P5 headlight's chrome housing better....(shrug)

Got the official word that the MS Touring wheels are no longer availible in 17". 15" and 16" are still availible by special order. However I think I found some pretty good alternatives. What do you think?
ss6.jpg

Versus Campionato SS6. These are availible in 17" or 18" by special order from Japan (2-3 months).

or

fr-s_01.gif

Piaa FR-S. 17" availible and ready to ship out of cali.

I like those to but I think that 2-3 months will drive me insane. Worth waiting?

Last edited:
Back