Which plugs?

Alladin

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Hey guys,

I'm sure this is a repost but I did alot of searching and couldn't find my answer and need to go to the parts store soon.

Which plugs go in the car stock? I want to replace mine and don't know what to get or should I go 1 step colder?

I want to change them today and have had no luck with Orielly, Autozone or Advanced cause their computers have no idea what goes in this car.

Thanks for your help

Oh yeah, my car is bone stock

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm sure this is a repost but I did alot of searching and couldn't find my answer and need to go to the parts store soon.

Which plugs go in the car stock? I want to replace mine and don't know what to get or should I go 1 step colder?

I want to change them today and have had no luck with Orielly, Autozone or Advanced cause their computers have no idea what goes in this car.

Thanks for your help

Oh yeah, my car is bone stock

i put in the NGK IX iridium one step colder gapped at .32
Denso ITV22 Iridium they come pre gapped

if u cant find them at your local places for some reason.. pretty sure u can get them at protegegarage.com or street unit . com

i just changed my plugs earlier this week. i got the NGK IX iridium ones that are 1 step colder from JDMSam. if i was yo ui would go that route. just be carefull when you gap them cause you can break the tip if you are not carefull.

on another note, i still have the test pipe if you are interested Alladin

Bone stock go with the NGK -1. I have those and they WORKED great but i think i'm going to have to upgrade cause i'm getting blow out since the mani & catless dp added boost.

Bone stock go with the NGK -1. I have those and they WORKED great but i think i'm going to have to upgrade cause i'm getting blow out since the mani & catless dp added boost.

That's what I ended up doing and so far I'm happy.

Thanks for the responses

I think I'm gonna pick up the ITV22's. I just feel more comfortable having a plug that comes close, if not exactly, to the stock gap. The less you mess with it, the better off you are.

I just installed my ITV22's this past weekend, all were gapped to .30 which is within the recommended range of .28-.32. I should have upgraded my TMIC at the same time but oh well.

I am very happy with my one step colder NGK iridiums! Super smooth acceleration now....

Would anyone of you guys happpen to know the pound of torqe we have to apply on tighting down the spark plug.
Quick response would help co'z i'm changing it right now to Ngk Iridium IX step colder.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Tight but nothing crazy. Remember how tight they were to come out and try to match that.

hand tight and then a little more with the ratchet. it should get pretty tight just by hand and the little extra should be by feel.

Back